Flowers

Aamna

Its another Monday and I am entering in college , Aamir was sitting on one of chairs placed for visitors. Our eyes meet for  a brief second, I have avert my gaze and move ahead,passing nearby him. I can feel his eye on my back. There is an urge to turn back and check whether my intuition is right or not ,but I won't do that. It will set a wrong impression. Giggle of my fellow classmates realise me that my walk to the classroom is completed.

I sit down on my seat besides Karuna who is busy in writing an assignment for Sir. Don't mistake in understanding him as our teacher because he is not. He is one of our seniors and gave really hard time to Karuna.

"Again?"

"Yes," I can tell from her voice she is  tired with all this. We all ,I mean freshers used to do work for our seniors but it ended with fresher's party.Sometimes I pity her,poor girl used to stay awake in night  to complete his assignment.

"I'll be back in few minutes "she said while leaving her desk . I looks towards her and their is denial for my offer to accompany her ,behind her Aamir is standing with few guys near gate of classroom. He wore a black shirt and if you are wondering how I figure out that than collar of his shirt is visible which lab coat barely hide. His dark blue rigged jeans looks really on him. White sports shoes completed his looks.

"Always dressed to kill"words just flipped from my tongue.I cover my mouth with my hands but my eyes betrayed my resolve. I look at his handsome face . It seems he came out from a commercial advertisement which usually run on TV. This time his eyes meets with mine and a victorious smile appears on his face. My cheeks turn red in embarrassment.

"Allah ,Aamna what's wrong with you" I scold myself. Now he will think  so many things about me. Today's event will nullified all the progress.

After that fresher party incident Aamir doesn't say a word to me. His taunt and insults is gone and that's huge relief for me. I often find him staring at me specially my hairs. I don't know what he is thinking ,may about hijab but till he is not voicing im,I am fine with it. Although he should not check out me but he did it on daily basis. His eyes scrutinizing what I have wear . My lab coat is a saviour at the time like that , he can't figure out I repeat my clothes on alternate days. He can't find out my clothes are made of cheap material.

Sometimes I want to buy those designer dresses which Karuna used to check in her laptop. Those fine embroidery on sharara and gharara which is now in trend. Those trendy palazzo pants , long kurtis and high heels,  look to die for. Those jeans hanging outside shops in Sarojini. Although I never wore it in my  life but it fascinate me to try it.

I look again towards door and he is gone from there. I take a sigh of relief.
I don't know why I feel self conscious towards him. His opinion shouldn't bother me but it does. I don't know why I keep looking towards his seat when he missed classes. Maybe out of curiosity ?

"Aamna you shouldn't focus on all this "I resolved myself and leave all thought occupying my mind. I  engross myself in studies and rest of the day just passed like that.

Its Tuesday and I am in good mood today. We reach to college and today Aamir is not present at the entrance of college. My mind start wondering about the reasons but I brushed off that thought. We are early today so very few students is there in class. I find a flower with a note on my seat. It gives weird knots in my stomach. My heart beat accelerate and  my senses are on high alert. I don't want to be caught in a scandal. I hide flower in my bag and open the note.

"Ruthi ruthi lagti ho,
Tarkeeb bata manane ki
Mai zindgi girvi rakh dunga
Keemat bata muskurane ki"

I sit on my seat with a thud sound. I read it again and again. It gives chills run down in my spine. Male attention is least thing I can want in my life. I feel someone is rubbing my back.

"Calmed down Aamna otherwise others will sense it "she said in my ears. I looks towards her and her eyes move in the direction of gate. Students are coming in group in class. She gives me water bottle and I drinks it. Whole day my mind stuck to those lines. How can someone write such things and that too for me? I am average in everything whether it is looks,communication skills or extra curricular activities besides me is Karuna ,she excel in all this. I recall her words which she said to calm me.

"Maybe it's not written for you"

I want to believe her. I don't need an admirer or lover. I have to study , achieve my degree and live life peacefully. I don't need this kind of headache. My mind is stuck at this point ,I am not able to concentrate what is going on around me. Thing which is bothering me the most is 'what if ,he is a stalker'.

"not for you"Karuna whispered in my ear and somehow manage to focus on our teacher. There is time for next class and Karuna brings me to cafeteria to lift up my mood. Delicious food can elevate your sour mood. We enter for our last class and there is another note. Karuna hold my hands and gesture me to not open it. I look around and find Aamir is looking towards me. I take a deep breath to calm myself,I can't let him know,what's wrong with me. After reaching in our room ,we open the chit.

"Kal dubara aayega
Aur aapke INTEZAR mai dera phir se dala jayega"

My anger is at its peak but Karuna decide to not take action in haste and try to catch the culprit otherwise authorities won't help us. It will highlight me and if it's just a prank , I'll be subject of jokes & gossips. I don't want that,I want to be in background.

Next day we are alert , keeping an eye on everyone. I promise we were careful still there is a note on my desk with flower.

"Wo kalam bhi aapki deewani ho jati hai
Jis kalam se aapka naam likhte hai"

"Seriously, so don't right my name,you idiot"I curse mentally. This event is disturbing me. I don't want another hassle here. I move in my room and bury my face in pillow. I shouldn't have attend that stupid fresher's party . This idiot must have watched  me there but in the world of messaging who write chits. He might be coward to ask number or ....wait why I am thinking about him. I move in washroom and watch myself in mirror. I am not very beautiful.I have  dusky complexion ,a huge turn off in the market of marriage.  My cheek bone is big with narrow jaw line and pointed chin.My hairs is thin ,short and brown in colour . I am out an out average girl . There is no reason of attraction toward and that too of this level. It must be a prank.

Its been days and these notes issue isn't resolved. I wear my red salwar  suit today as I forget to wash others. This days I am unable to function at my full strength due to stress.As usual Aamir is standing at gate of college and his eyes doesn't leave him. I know he is awestruck as his mouth is wide open. I just laugh at his state.  Sometimes I wonder our fight is much better than this issue ,on the other I feel he is behind all this ficaso .He is the only one interested in poetry in our batch and he  love to trouble me.

Baharo ki jaan par ban aayi hai
Aaj dekha hai unhe surkh libas mai

I receive this note today with a red rose matching with my red dress. I just tear the paper and throw it in dustbin. Its enough I can't tolerate it anymore.I write a note and leave it on my desk.

Mard k liye aaurat badi azeeb cheez hai
Mil jaye to nazar nahi aati
Aur na mile to uske siva kuch nazar nahi aata

A/N

I tried my best to write contrast between Aamna and Aamir.

What you think about them?

Who is close to your heart reserved Aamna or flamboyant Aamir?

Do you Ship them or not?