Crush

Aamir

Today is Sunday, my favorite day of the week.

"Khoye khoye se hai janab jinke khayalo mai..
(Someone is engrossed in the thought of...

"Shut up Mushtaq" his cheesy line irritates me

"Sbka katega ,sabka katega (everyone will be dumped )" he spoke and laughed to tease me.

"Aamna alag hai (Aamna is different)"I said to him

"Sab yahi kahte hai meri  wali alag hai but katata sabk hai " (everyone says this that their loved one is different but eventually they will too dumped. " he laughed.

Everyone laughs on my feelings, the one whom I loves doesn't understand my feelings and my friend mocked me. Mushtaq thinks that just because we are young ,we are not capable of understanding duties of marriage. Generations to generation, married young and lived a happy life.why we can't done that in today's age. By starting young  we are giving each other chance toknow each other,accimilate with each other's preferences.

I have collected 1% amount for the villa by trading in stocks. Earning 4 lac in short time span  isn't small things. Sometimes I feels blessed. My efforts of doing various stocks analysis is paying me well. I have purchased some amount of gold too ,its very reliable investment.Some of money will go in provident funds and some I'll give for charity. Earning money is making me confident, it gives me sense that I can do anything if I devout to it. I am loving this phase of life.I'll continue with this speed,next year I'll earn upto 40 lac and will be able to pay down payment.

My gut feeling is not wrong ,Aamna. You are the one for me. Soon I'll be able to give you that villa in haq  mehr(obligatory gift given by husband to wife at the time of Nikah ,Islamic marrige ) Our bond will be sealed on that day.

Monday morning, I woke up late as whole night I keep thinking about the future awaiting for me. I quickly freshen up and ran towards college. Today is seminar day and I don't want to miss this experience. I walk up hurriedly and find Aamna is staring me. Her demeanor is telling me that she disapproved my behavior but I sat there nonchalantly.

Seminar was over and I went to canteen.Ordered my food and went to washroom to wash my hands. When I returned Aamna was sitting on the same table,I have booked earlier. She was surprised by seeing me .After some talk we decided to have lunch together. Eating at same table doesn't harm anyone . We aren't doing anything wrong. I am the one who loves his food and french fries gies another level joy . I am health conscious but once in a while this junk food is harmless. I hadn't miss casual glances she stole while I was eating. She is in awe with me. I hadn't knew she is the girl who loves small things . I offered her some french fries and we have small banter.

She is mimicking me while eating french fries. I can't miss the satisfaction and relief wash over her face ,by just enjoying food. Food has its own magic, we just need to feel it. We ate in silence but didn't missed the looks on her face.She craves to be happy and this thing force me to think. What is wrong with her ? Sometimes I feel she is carrying  weight of world on her shoulders. Behind  facade of strict, bossy, annoying girl, there is a girl who wants to enjoy life like everyone does. I'll find out what's the problem.

Days are passing and we are doing lunch together whenever we are getting time. Its not just two of us ,our friends and colleagues are present on table.Earlier only Aamna and karuna did  lunch with me  but now our circle is widening .Her restrain is loosening and I am loving this. Love of my life is settling to new atmosphere. Her burden is lifting and she is moving towards normalcy just like others in campus. Communication is amazing thing  we knew about the person in thier language, what's there perception towards themselves.

"I am the first person who is pursuing MBBS" she said with glint in her eyes. Euphoria, pride and blessed she feel everything.

"So you are torch bearer of education " Sajid said,he is also first year student. Nowadays my table became center of discussion. I hadn't imagined it that way but who doesn't want to chit chat on various topic.

"Kind of "she replies.

"Don't belittle you achievements lady,you opned door of dreams for many. You busted myth that town people  can't pursue  a high profile career.There will be women who will be inspired by you."I said and she smiled.

Unlike novels, our life is pretty normal. Eat ,study and sleep this is things we do everyday. Nothing is progressing between me and Aamna.You wants to say so many things but there is ice between you two which isn't melting. Her hatred is melted but other than that we are just classmates who interect daily.

It hurts to be non existential part of someone's life.Her smallest things matter to me but my presence isn't important for her.I can give up everything for her but when it comes to her  I become just another classmate. It looks it petty but it hurts dearly. You want acceptance from someone but they refused to register your feelings. I don't want her to accept my love in heart beat but at least she should acknowledge it not fake. I am regular guy who can't do something filmy to prove my love.

Her indifference made me doubt about myself. I was the one who hadn't lacked attention. I am good looking person with good grades in class , nice family background and decent behavior.

"What is lacking in me ?" I aksed one day when we were sat in library.

"Huh ?" She was engrossed in making notes from the book.My question shocked her.

"What is lacking in me " I repeats my question.

"Aamir ..

"Its been a six months,despite of communicating on so many things. You not even mentioned me as your friend, even once. There is no warmth from your side. You always put your guards up whenever we converse . Always you create  boundaries to stay away. What is my fault in all this? "

"I hadn't asked your  acquaintance. Its you who included me with others. I never aksed for the same .I better off alone "she said with bitterness.

"Why you are so heartless ? I have seen how much you enjoyed lunch with everyone. You love to be open and free .I knew it and you can't lie about that. Tell me what it is"I pushed her.

"I was dumped by my ex husband "she said looking in my eyes ,shivers run down my spine.I stay rooted to my place,I feel cold rush to my feet and its numb now. Before I could react she start laughing

"You took jokes very seriously,its joke take it easy "she said with smile .

A/N    I don't know I am giving justice to the characters or not. I am trying my best to make  characters more relatable. One social issue is underlying in the story which will be explored later. Due to characters muslim background, certain things can be explore only after marriage.Please give your suggestions or feedback.