Walima

Aamna

Today, we are moving to Lucknow .That is his hometown, and many of his friends and family reside there. Our wedding is done in Mosque in the presence of very few people. His parents want to introduce me to everyone as Aamir's wife and what is better way than Walima to tell people about us. Our  Walima is planned in Lucknow by his parents.

(Walima is the second of the two traditional parts of an Islamic wedding.
Traditionally, the groom will plan the event and send invitations to his relatives and friends, as well as those of his new bride. Pious people throughout the community should also be in attendance at the walima)

We are moving towards Lucknow in his car,his parents and sisters are coming in another car. I nevwr enquired about his childhood, grandparents, lineage, his father's occupation. There are many questions in my mind, but it's useless to ask Aamir. He will turn it into something else.

He is driving a car as smooth as cheese and I am looking here and there. We are moving on an expressway,polishes roads ,bridges, and connecting roads ,perfectly sum up it. There were other lanes for trucks and other commercial vehicles. As we took it this route, we are by passing cities, and after some time, it looks boring . I looked towards him , and he dressed up in black from toe to head .Black denim,t-shirt ,watch, and shades.
'Who wears shades in shadow ? ' I wondered

" You look good too," He said with a wide smile on his face .

"Huh ??" I replied, had I given him impression of ogling, I guess not.

" I am saying, you look good too." He repeated, and I looked to notice my attire one more time. I wore a off white which has pink flowers, which I hand printed and chiffon duppata with the same flowers.I attached a silver coloured lace and a small pom pom on edges. It gives me a girly feel, which I miss in day to day hustle. This is my favorite dress which I saved for special occasions.

"But you aren't looking great." I replied, and his toothy grin disappeared.

"Seriously?"

I nodded my head in yes with a forced smile.He kept teasing me. Today is my time. He started moving his car towards sideway, which is connecting to a route towards the city.

" What's happening?"

"I am changing my attire according to my wife's taste."

"In the middle of journey "

"Yes ,in the middle of journey," he chuckled

"Seriously, are you crack from here?" I pointed my finger at  his temple, and his laugh echoed in the car.

" There is good dhaba (street side restaurant) which serves amazing food. I used to come here with my friend in school time. We bunk classes for his aloo parantha . " he said, and his eyes shined with happiness.

"Really, your parents hadn't said anything to you ."

"They hadn't know."

"How you..

"Some other time .."he cut me off, and we took a one way which has beautiful sceneries on both sides of the road. Monsoon is just over, and greenery doesn't leave the landscape . There were some flower farm which is cultivating marigold and rose flowers. It feels someone spread yellow,orange ,pink, red, and green carpet on earth. Enchanting fragrance is spreading in the air . It feels heavenly. I closed my eyes to feel this. Our car halted, and my eyes opened,Aamir stopped the car at the entrance of the farm. Farm is covered with fencing  to protect it from intruders. I look towards him with questioning eyes. He opens the small iron gate, and flower graden is mine to enjoy.