Pirates!

One day while a 10 year old Kasandra was roaming around looking for food she came apon a tavern called "The Captains Daughter" she made her way in side and was awe struck! All around her were pirates! They all looked different: some had peg legs, some had a missing arm, some were scared in the face while others had long beards. She was very exited to see real life pirates, but she was still very hungry. A wench sitting in a corner had pity on Kas and gave her her meal, Kasandra was grateful and ate quickly. After she was finished Kasandra went to look around. She found a girl about 3 years older than herself standing next to a sitting pirate.

"ello me name is Kasandra." she said introducing herself to the girl.

"Ok, I'm Angelica." The girl responded sounding unimpressed.

"Would you like to go outside and play with me?"

"Play? With ye? Why in the bloody world would I want to play the likes of you! You are clearly a dirty street orphan. Get away from me I might catch some filthy sickness from ye!"

Kasandra was taken aback by this, she had played with other street kids before why was this girl acting this way. Kas' face soon turned from confusion to anger as she socked Angelica right in the kisser. Angelica ran to the pirate who was sitting at a table showing him what Kas had done to her.

"Well well aren't ye a feisty lass." The pirate said bending down to her level.

"Yer bloody right I am."  Kasandra stated trying to sound brave.

"I dare say if ye keep this up ye will be a mighty strong woman one day."

These words stayed with Kasandra for the rest of her life, and from that day on she knew that  one day she would be come the most feared pirate to ever sail the seven seas. Later that afternoon Kas found an old sword near the port. She would practice with it every day becoming quite good.

But she had to hide it so her parents would not find it, if they had found it Kas knew that she would be hurt severely for it. Kasandra also began to pick pocket and she was very good at it. Soon she had many small fine things from pocket watches, to plenty of money. And so she began on her road to piracy.