Hated at birth

"Hello Mrs Maxwell you are looking fine! I see your baby boy will be along shortly." A woman selling flowers said.

"Yes, don't I always look fine." Renee Maxwell responded arrogantly.

Renee Maxwell was a haughty debutante she had never lifted a finger in life to do anything. Her husband Nickolas Maxwell was a very successful commodore. The name Maxwell was known thought out London as a name of power and wealth, his father had been a commodore as did his father before that. So the two wanted a son and nothing more, so one day he to could become a commodore like his father. They visited many priests and bishops so they would bless that there child would be boy, and they were sure it HAD to be a boy.

"Why hello my lovely wife." Mr. Maxwell said as Renee made it home from the market.

"Oh my dear husband can our boy come soon enough?"

"The sooner the better my love."

Later that night Renee knew the baby was coming. She was surrounded by midwifes and relatives all waiting to see the baby boy.

"Here you are miss a beautiful, healthy baby girl." One of the midwifes said happily.

"No no you must be mistaken.....I had a boy."

"I'm sorry miss but its a girl."

"WHAT?? NO IT CAN NOT BE!!"

The rest of her entourage was just as disappointed as she was seeing as the baby was the wrong gender. They all sighed as went home.

"NO NO NO NO MY BOY MY BOY!!!!" Nickolas wailed.

"THAT DEMON YOU GAVE BIRTH TO MUST HAVE KILL OUR BOY AND TO HIS PLACE!!!!"

"Well I that 'thing' is just as much your child as it is mine!" Mrs Maxwell snapped. "What are we to do with this cursed child now?"

"Well....it could always go missing at the bottom of the River Thames....after it is a cursed child no one would want it anyways." Nickolas said coldly.

"As much as I like your plan all our relatives already know I have that 'thing' and would probably wonder where it went. Not to mention if we go out at night we could get caught by the police and our lives would be ruined." Renee responded. 

"Fine then we will keep it."

"What about a name people will wonder what we call it."

"Oh I don't care," Nick said, "ummmm..........Kasandra then."

So Kasandra it was.