𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙑𝙄𝙎𝙄𝙊𝙉𝘼𝙇 𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙊 𝙇𝙄𝘾𝙀𝙉𝘾𝙀 𝙀𝙓𝘼𝙈𝙎

"Should we like...check on her?" Kaminari's confused voice is barely heard over the chatter of the bus, but his friends all know what he's talking about.

It was the day of the Provisional Hero Licence exams: perhaps the most important day of their lives so far. It quite literally defined their future, and was everything that U.A and hero training was leading them up to. To say the least, it's a day you wouldn't want to miss.

So what was wrong with Shinobu? Kou had been 20 minutes late to the bus, showing up just before Aizawa decided to give up and leave without her. She looked a mess: her skin was paler than usual, eyebags darker, and her aura was teeming with black. She'd barely spoken a word or even looked in their direction, deciding to sit in the front of the bus with their teacher. She was definitely not acting normal, and no one knew what to do.

"She's kinda scary like this..." Sero cringes at the thought of approaching the girl, knowing there was definitely a huge risk of getting hurt in the process.

"What if it's something we did?!" Mina panics, looking like she was on the verge of tears, "I swear to god, Bakugou what did you do?!"

"Baku-bro? What do you think we should do?" Kirishima asks, and everybody turns to stare at the explosive blond who'd been looking out the window for the past half hour.

Truthfully, he was feeling a bit petty. Kou had stared at him when she entered the bus, completely ignoring his subtle invite to sit beside him in favour of sitting beside their stupid sensei; what the hell?! Bakugou Katsuki wasn't someone you ignored, and his pride wasn't going to allow it from anyone- not even his favourite person.

Still, Kou was acting weird, and Bakugou hated to admit it but he was a little worried about what could've happened to make her so upset. She was practically exploding with excitement on the phone the day before, ready to kick ass and finally get her licence.

"Just leave her alone," he gruffs out, still looking out the window. "She's probably just hungry or some shit."

Even though that excuse didn't feel right, it was enough to make the group stop talking about it; she'd talk to them eventually.

__

Kou did not have time for anyone's shit today.

After what had happened last night she did not want to even go outside, let alone participate in an exam that would decide the rest of her life. Why did she always have the worst luck?

They'd just gotten off the bus, and she ignored her friends again in favour of standing off to the side. She knew she was being rude and they were probably just concerned, but it was none of their fucking business.

"Hi! I'm Shindo Yo, it's a pleasure to meet you guys!" Some guy from a neighbouring school was going around and shaking hands with everyone in 1-A, acting all friendly and so full of shit. The only person who seemed to catch on was Bakugou- the rest of her classmates were a bunch of ignorant idiots.

If they weren't literally about to become heroes she'd have thought he was trying to pickpocket them; god knows she'd used the same ploy dozens of times before.

"Hi! It's nice to meet you--" the boy finally reached her, about to grab her hand in his when she yanked it back. For extra measure, she drew her leg back and kicked him in the balls. When he crumpled to the ground in pain she stepped over him, looking down at his figure with a deadly glare.

"Don't fucking touch me, asshole." she hisses, and continues walking into the exam building without another word.

Kou really didn't want to deal with anybody today.