𝙁𝙀𝙀𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂𝙎

"Mina, I can't go today. I think I'm gonna be fucking sick." Kou clutches onto her stomach as she leans her head on the foot of her bed, whining a bit for added effect.

The pink haired girl raises an eyebrow at her; Kou wasn't the type to complain about being in pain. "Oh, really? You're feeling sick?"

"Y-yeah."

"You sure you just don't want to go to the carnival?" Mina presses, and Kou groans.

"I don't wanna go! I really do feel sick!" She insists, but her friend remains skeptical.

"Is this about Bakugou? Don't think I haven't noticed how you guys have been avoiding each other!" She smirks knowingly when she sees Kou's eyes widen, "Come on, Kou! You can't skip out on a fun night because you guys are fighting or whatever!"

"We're not fighting," she grumbled, turning away from Ashido in an attempt to avoid talking about it.

"So what's the problem?" she only shuffles closer to the girl, refusing to let her go. "Come on, you'll feel better if you talk about it!"

Kou sighs in frustration. It had been over a week since the incident in Bakugou's room, and things have been...awkward to say the least.

After his mom had interrupted them, they never did get a chance to 'continue', nor did they ever get the chance to talk about it. Kou had originally thought nothing of it- that's what they'd always done anyways. Not talking about their feelings seemed to work for them, but clearly their luck had run out.

The longer they went without acknowledging what had happened, and the meaning behind the kiss, the more awkward things became. It had gotten to the point where neither one of them could get out more than two words without blushing or stammering or just acting like complete idiots.

Bakugou had almost killed Kou a couple days ago when she'd asked for a pencil and his quirk went off in the middle of second period- not that she was any better. He'd bumped into her in the hallways and her bungee gum activated, causing the two to be stuck together for at least 3 minutes before she remembered how to function properly. Eventually the two had just given up on interacting at all, not wanting to deal with the tension or talk about the GIANT elephant in the room.

Kou was silent for a couple seconds, trying to find the right words. Eventually she muttered out, "I don't know, it's just been...weird. Like really fucking weird."

"Because you guys like each other?" Mina says, causing Kou to choke on her spit.

"W-what? Why the fuck would you say that?" she splutters out, and Mina groans.

"Kou, I love you but you're seriously pissing me off!" Mina starts to shake Kou's shoulders in frustration, completely done with her friend's ignorance, "You and Bakugou literally act like boyfriend and girlfriend! It's pretty clear you guys like each other! How many times do we have to say it before you guys believe us?!"

"We're just friends," Kou responds robotically, almost a reflex at this point. Why did those weirds feel so weird coming out of her mouth?

Mina slams her face into the pillow behind her, screaming into it. "OH MY GOD! YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS RIGHT NOW!" she recovers from her mini-freakout, propping herself up on her elbows and staring at the side of her face, "You really believe that? You really think you guys are just friends?"

Kou frowns when she makes eye contact with the pink haired alien. What the hell was she getting so worked up about? If anything, she should be the one screaming into a pillow.

"I don't know, Mina." she admits, "I don't fucking know anymore."

Mina seems to empathize for a second, patting her head softly. "Okay, what do you want to be? What do you want from Bakugou?"