Once a Cheater Always a Cheater

Start from the beginning

When I came back I handed her the soda. "So, you guys are so cute together." I said motioning towards her and Jared plastering a big smile on my face. "So, what are you guys? Are you like, boyfriend and girlfriend?"

The girl giggled. "Yup, he's my boyfriend."

Jerk.

"Oh, that's nice. How long have you been dating?"

"Oh, about-"

"Uh, hold on Mandy. Why do you need to know?" Jared interrupted, his voice full of acid.

"No reason. Just trying to get to know the people who come here. But you know, I already know you, and don't you have a girlf-"

"Uh, can I talk to you, over there, please." Jared interrupted again.

"Sure," I said cheerfully.

I followed him to a corner away from their table, next to a big brightly painted clown. "So what do you want to talk about, buddy?" I asked sarcastically.

"Alright, look this isn't what you think," He said matter of factly.

"Oh no, of course it doesn't look like my best friend's douche of a boyfriend is cheating on her." I said angrily, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Would you let me explain?" He asked.

"Fine, go ahead, jerk." I replied.

He scowled. "Okay, Well Mandy is a sister of one of my friends. And she just got out of a messy relationship and she was feeling well, depressed. So, my friend asked me if I could take her out for a while and you know, make her feel better." He shrugged. "So that's what I'm doing, and she just says I'm her boyfriend because she thinks it will go that way. But it won't. It's a harmless thing, that means nothing. " He explained.

This sounded sketchy to me. "Does Leah know about this?" I asked.

"No," He admitted.

"Well, why not? I mean you said it was a harmless thing, and if it is I'm sure Leah would understand."

"No, Leah wouldn't. She's the very jealous type. I mean she gets mad at me for even looking at another girl. You know that, so please do me a favor and don't tell her." He pleaded.

I thought this over. Leah was the jealous type, that was true. Once she got mad at Jared because he carried a girl's books, and the girl had a broken arm. I mean, he said it was harmless. I know I shouldn't trust him like this, especially because of the strong dislike that I have for him, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

"Are you only having one date with her?" I asked.

"Yes, one and only one date with her." He said.

I sighed. "Fine, remember you said it was harmless. If it turns out that your lying, I'll tell Leah."

"Okay, thanks, Kait." He said, his blue eyes lighting up.

"Wait, why'd you bring her here?" I asked.

"I didn't, her family was coming here for the kids party and she wanted me to come with her so that she wouldn't be lonely, I guess." He told me.

"Okay, but this counts as a date." I told him.

He sighed. "Okay." He then turned around and headed back towards his table.

I can't believe I actually agreed to not tell Leah about this. I've never kept anything from her, especially anything about Jared. But I guess it's better that I don't tell her so that she doesn't make a big deal out of this.