Audition

Emily sighed deeply as soon as she noticed Jacob Israel walking down the corridors to where she was standing with Quinn, Santana and Brittany.

"Oh, kill me." She rolled her eyes, opening her locker even though she didn't really have to just to try and avoid looking at the kid.

"Quinn Fabray." He said, as Quinn turned around to face him, as he shoved his microphone in her direction. "How has life changed since the birth of your bastard child?"

"Well, I'm happy to be back, and I'm ready to start fresh. And... I'm a lot less hormonal, so..." Quinn drifted off a bit as the camera moved from her to Santana as the Latina stood beside her friend, as she filled her nails in complete disinterest. Quinn frowned as she forcefully turned the camera back to her. "So there's not really any crying."

"How was your summer?" Jacob then asked Santana, completely disregarding Quinn as the blonde sighed in annoyance. Santana scoffed as she noticed how the camera was focusing on her breasts instead of on her face.

"My eyes are up here, JewFro." She said, pointing at her face. "And it was uneventful."

"People thought I went on vacation, but actually I spent the summer lost in the sewers." Brittany said, as the three other girls tuned to her with confused looks on their faces.

"Is it true that despite being the Cheerios captain, you remain single?" Jacob then turned his attention to Emily, shoving his microphone at her face.

"Depends who's asking." She said, pulling out her History textbook from her locker.

"Me." Jacob said, as Emily scoffed and closed her locker harshly.

"Then the answer's no."

***

"These are comments from Jacob Ben-Israel's most recent Glee Club blog." Mr. Schue said as soon as he entered the choir room for their first glee meeting of the year. Looking down at the paper in his hands, he started to read off some of the comments on the post from Jacob. "Glee is a giant ball of suck."

"We get it, Mr. Schue. Everyone still hates us. So what?" Kurt interrupted their teacher before he could even go any further. "So we're plankton on the high school food chain? Only difference now is that none of us really care."

"Kurt's right." Mercedes was quick to agree. "We're a family. They can bring it all they want. None of it is going to break us."

"Okay, I'm really happy that you guys have all bonded." Mr. Schue said. "The problem is that all of this negative stuff is keeping other students from auditioning."

"Good. Why do we need new members?" Tina asked, then.

"Well, since Matt transferred, we don't have the numbers for competition, and if we want to go to Nationals, if we want to beat Vocal Adrenaline, we have to go from a small rebel force to a giant wall of sound."

"Yeah, Mr. Schuester's right, you guys." Rachel said, as she got up from her seat to stand in front of the club and beside Mr. Schue. "You didn't see Vocal Adrenaline at Regionals. They were epic. We're going to need more voices in order to beat them."

"Yeah. I'm with Rachel on this one." Finn agreed, also moving to stand beside his girlfriend.

"Gross." Brittany whispered as the couple smiled at each other and Emily snickered a bit.

"You're going to have to trust me on this, guys." Mr. Schue said excitedly. "Now, here's the plan. Nationals are in New York this year, and we are going."

At that, everyone cheered and Mr. Schue smiled now that he had his students' attention once again.

"Now let's go out there and show the school how cool it's going to be, how cool we can be." He continued. "If they're not going to come to us, let's go to them. They say we only sing show tunes and '80s pop. Let's show them how down we are. Let's give them the song of the year, New Directions style."