Chapter 27

[ XXVII] Chapter 27

         Rolling over to face the relaxed God beside me, I allowed a small smile to appear on my face as I propped my head up with a hand. How did we get this far again? Just a month ago, we were at each others throats, not sleeping with each other. A month ago was also when he. . . I bit my lip as my insides flared with heat in remembrance. "Don't bite your lip, Genevieve." A husky voice murmured. Caius opened his eyes to gaze at my features. His warm eyes dragged me back to earth, causing my heart to squeeze in two. . . I think I melted. Bending down to give him a peck on the lips, I wondered again on how he was mine.

        Once we broke apart, he pulled me flush against him in a firm embrace. Soothingly, I ran my hand down his bare back. "Your thoughts?" He queried softly, burying his face in my curls.

        "Oh? How did you know I was thinking of something?" I quipped. tenderly kissing one of the few scars on his chest.

        "Your face."

        Pretending to be offended, I untangled myself from his hold and kept the sheet pinned to my bare form as I sat up. "What about my face? I thought you said 'You are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen.'" I quoted him from last night when the two of us were lost in the throws of passion.

        In response, the God smiled lazily up at me. "Indeed you are." He reached for me and I allowed him to pull me closer again.

        "What will Athenodora think of this?" I wondered out loud, idly playing with the silk sheets that bunched up between our marble-hard bodies.

        Caius shifted so he was sitting up in the most sexiest pose I've ever seen him in. His right leg was folded, propped up on the bed, while his right elbow lay on his knee. His hair was disheveled from all my caresses and I immediately switched off the memory that was sneakily creeping into my mind so I wouldn't be bashful after all we've done. "I would not worry about her if I were you."

        I blinked in confusion. "What, why? She's still, legally, your wife."

        "Not for long." He shook his head.

        "Uh huh. . . ? Explain."

        His crimson eyes locked with mine and I understood the seriousness of this next topic. "She approached me yesterday and declared that she wanted an annulment. . . along with other matters."

        Shocked to the core, I could only mutter the words, ". . . And what are these other matters?" 

        He waved a dismissive hand and I resisted the urge to slap him upside the head. "Nothing that concerns your attention."

        I snorted, rolling my eyes as I turned my back on him. "Yeah, I guess I should just lay here and do nothing except part my legs for you whenever you feel like it."

        "I wish you wouldn't put it that way, Genevieve." Caius murmured, leaning over me and running his cool fingers over my right arm. "You know that I love you and that I wouldn't force you to do anything."

        Crumbling, I looked at him through the corner of my eye. "I know. . ." I breathed, pulling him down for another sweet kiss. "Should we get out of bed or should we just stay here for eternity?"

        When his expression became thoughtful, I laughed and swatted him on the chest. "Naughty! We're getting up for sure." I got up and started pulling on the discarded clothes draped over the chair. When I finished, I turned to glare at the God sitting on the bed leisurely. "Come on, get up."