Chapter 21

We followed the young blonde woman with sweet narrowed blue eyes. We run through the slippery slit that seems to be the exit. This woman knows where she's going. 

We followed her and stopped in a dark alley with few street lights. A loud bang on the window splashed out like a wind, down to the ground.

We were at the back of the young blonde woman who is now holding her two katana that I don't know where she got that?. Five evildoers faced her with a smirk and a sword.

At this moment, something violent and inappropriate will appear, for I am sensing a fight. The young blonde woman seemed to be an expert at sword fighting. She looked like an assassin with a feisty attitude.

*Woosh* 

*Woosh* 

Her enemy made the first move but she avoided every single swing of their sword with a celerity that impressed us. She backflip and slide to the ground and swung her two katana and jumped on their heads, then a splash of blood covered our body and hers. Tanya covered her eyes because she was scared of blood while I was constantly paralyzed from the head that bumped on the ground. 

Her two enemies got slices and she cut their heads off. One of their heads bounced and bumped on the ground in front of me, which was terrifying and disgusting. The head is creepy and it smirked at me. Therefore, I decided to close my eyes from all of this violent scene.

The woman swung her two katanas that caused a sound of tragedy and bloodly organs landed in front of us. I can smell how sickening that was. It was sloppy and disgusting.

By the time she clasped victory, she was covered with blood on her face. She threw her bloody katana and walked towards us with a gun. 

We opened our eyes and shuddered at the woman that might kill us. The woman stood there in front of us and plucked her facemask to smile at us. She was sweet but a psycho, then Christian gaped in front of her.

"Holly Joy Morris Pepper!" he shouted with furrowed eyebrows. I gaped at the surprise to think that this woman right here is standing in front of us is Joy.

Holly Joy raised her one eyebrow and crossed her arms in front of us with a bloody smile. I am filled with eager interrogating questions that I'm ready to lay them all out. Me and Christian stuttered to think that this gorgeous blonde woman is Holly Joy. This is unbelievable!—this can't be her...

"Uhhh... wha... huh?" I stuttered and looked at Christian.

"Uhh.... eeiou... " he stuttered back. I fixed my expression to calm down.

"How did you get out of jail?" I questioned.

"How did you learn to fight like that?" Christian questioned.

"Ughh... " she complained and squinted her eyes towards Christian.

"You!... I remember you!" she shouted like she was about to kill Christian, but I stopped her.

"What? —uh-huh—can someone explain what is happening? " I shouted.

"I wish I could but—yeah..." Tanya confessed that she had no idea what was happening.

"Woah... ok—easy girl." Christian begged.

"This guy and his family put me locked in jail for decades!" She said and added—

"Not literally decades, but it felt like decades... " she said with a sarcastic voice.

"Ok let me explain, you have your amnesia—right and this lady... " he said and prodded at me "Is Zoey Quantum. Your real mother and Zoey's father are brother and sister. That makes you and Zoey cousins. Not only cousins, but we were best friends before. " he said to convince her, otherwise she might kill us all.

Christian was confused.

"Holly Joy Pepper is really your last name?. It should be Quantum. "

"My Mom's middle name is much better so I legally changed it from my birth certificate. To be covered. "

"Covered? "I questioned.

"Well... we put you in jail for the greater good—" he said and Joy added. "I've been sexually assaulted and was abused, experienced hunger plus got slave for the rest of my summer vacation in jail. Thank you Christian for giving me the greater good." she said sarcastically but irreverent. I felt wistfully stunned by what she said. "Is that true? " I questioned with a glum expression. "Do I look like I'm kidding? "she said with a husky voice that made me think that she was yelping and crying on the inside. She fixed her expression and pointed the gun at us.

"Any last words? "she questioned sternly. 
"Can I at least go to the bathroom before you kill us?" 
Tanya questioned her with an absurd mind. Me and Christian furrowed our eyebrows and gawked at her. 

"What? —I really need to go!" Tanya said, then I looked at Joy. "We can work this out. Here's the deal. Don't kill us and we will help you to get out of jail and take care of you... " I said gently, not attempting to slip any inappropriate words if I wanted to live. Christian added. "Even though you're a psycho." Joy pointed the gun back at Christian.

"I promised —this will be a great deal because I'm trying to bring back my father— Christ Quantum, Zach's son." I begged.

"How in the world will you bring back the dead?" She questioned and chuckled while pointing the gun at us.

"I didn't say my Dad was dead, my dad disappeared from a burning building." I said and she added for being rude.

"You're Dad is already dead!— don't expect that this world is kind to bring him back!" 

"You lost someone like I have — you know what it feels like, so please... help us to bring back my father by building a machine that can help us to go back in time because I know that my Dad is lost somewhere else on the portal." I cried and explained to her."Wait, is this a time 
 machine? "she questioned.

"Kinda... " I said with wary.

"Let me explain how it
 works." I said "When particle physicists were measuring the time. It took neutron particles to break down into protons once they were removed from an atom’s nucleus. "