Chapter 5

I took a leap of faith and headed to the orphanage, but a bunch of kids thwarted me with compliments. "Woah... woah, take it easy over there." I said triumphantly. My ears are filled with a chorus of oohs and abash.

Christian approached me with the orphans. "Okay folks. It's lunchtime (12:00pm), and I'm starving, and this little
rascal... " Christian smirked at the boy, and I smiled back. "Let's go children! " Christian's stepmother (Mama Lucia) was surrounded by the orphans.

Everyone calls her Mama because she's the light of the family. Christian looked at me and prompted me to move along with him. Christian and I headed to the side of the church. "Come on..." Christian prompted. "Don't worry, I'm right behind you." I said.

While we're walking, the rusted old scaffolding in the side corner piqued my interest and piqued my curiosity.

"Hey! Church Boy, where is that scaffolding going?" I questioned him pleadingly, while looking at him. He came to a halt in front of me, looking at the scaffolding...

We looked at them hard and long, then Christian gulped and tilted his head towards me and sighed. "I don't know exactly... but no one dares to go there. I mean it just headed to the old and dark loft, and a small window where you could see it outside if you wanted. " Christian calculated and continued walking, while I remained behind him.

"Nah... I'm good. " I nodded and followed Christian down the hall, but I'm not sure he knew what he was doing, which made me nervous. Because of my remorse, I had a poor memory inside the Church and of the Bible for years, but most of them are still clear to me. "Where are we? " I questioned. We chose the right slit while strolling through the right corridor. Afterwards, we suddenly stopped, so Christian could open the door of the dorm.

We entered a dorm that had a neat alternative white bed next to a nice two-sided white curtains behind a single window, a classic white lamp next to the other side of the bed with white comfortable pillows. It is more like a hotel room, if you ask me, even if it is inside a church.

"This will be your dorm. "

"Thank you," I said as I looked at him. I nodded and smiled. He gave me a smirk and a smile. "So... umm..." I cough at the awkwardness that we were experiencing at the time. I sit down on my bed, nodding and furrowing my brows.

"What's bothering you so much? " Christian questioned me and sat beside me on my bed while looking at me quizzically. "Nothing,"

I sighed. "Would you like to know what makes you feel better?" Christian said. I looked at him and smirked.

"Sópas... my very own specialty," He offered as if he were a chef, winking.

"Ok... sure, Mr. Anderson," I chuckled. I cut him off with my British accent. We stood up, laughed and smiled at each other. In an embrace, Christian wrapped his arm around my shoulder. We both sauntered out of the corridor and headed to the slit in the left corridor and saw a kitchen on the left side.

A bunch of kids on the right side and a board pinned to the wall, it was sort of like a daycare. The orphans were sprawled on the floor and murmuring about our appearance while eating a nice bowl of soup. Christian offered to help Mama Lucia to feed all the orphans.

"Here it is... you'll love it. " Christian offered. "Of course, dear, she'll love it; that's your specialty. " Mama Lucia said sarcastically. I grabbed a bowl of milky soup with macaroni and vegetables in it. "It certainly... smells good." I nudged Christian's chest while taking a sip of soup and chuckled. I decided to sprawl on the floor behind them like the other orphans while eating. I was satisfied with the taste of Sópas.

"Mama Lucia? "I asked.

"Yes dear? "

"Did Christian make these Sópas earlier?" I gulped. "Yes... of course. This sweet helpful cupcake of mine cooked those precious Sópas. " Mama Lucia said triumphantly that it made Christian flush.

"Mama..." he grumbled. I chuckled and smirked at him. "I thought I was the only one with a baked food name. " I laughed so hard. "What are the chances?"

I finished my bowl of soup and saw Christian looking exhausted with a lot of sweat on his face, so I stood up and approached him in front of the orphans and grabbed a towel to wipe away Christian's sweat. "You look tired," the Church Boy wiped away his sweat. Christian sighed and the orphans began to squeal with smiles on their faces while looking at us.

My brow furrowed and Christian's brow furrowed in puzzlement. I stopped wiping his sweat for some weird reason and gulped.

"Are you guys dating? " A young orphaned innocently questioned us, rather coyly. I chuckled sarcastically as I gasped, grimaced, and prodded Christian. "No... no... No. " I said it sternly and saw Christian squirm. "Yeah... that's strange; she's actually my old best friend," Christian said. "Yeah... a friend like you know —F-R-I-E-N-D... "

Meanwhile, a wheezing geek nerd appeared in front of our eyes. "Roi... my bro! " Christian greeted while approaching Roi with a fist bump.

"Dude... long time no see. "

"Y'all know I've been busy working on the workshop, right?" Roi asked, looking at me. Roi whispered, "Hey... you brought a chick. Is she your girlfriend? " I shook my head, shrugged, and grimaced. "I can hear you loud and clear. " I chided him. "I've been doing some homework and studying, eating, working hard, and playing hard," Roi boasted. "So... What's your point? " Christian is being interrogated. "Nothing. "I just like remembering things," Roi explained.  Christian grimaced at him and patted him on his shoulder. "You came all the way here for nothing," said Christian while laying his arm on Roi's shoulder. "Exactly!" exclaimed Roi. We were taken at the back because he yelled so loudly that our eardrums were almost blown out.

After what happened, I felt embarrassed and decided to rummage and slunk the area in order to distract our poor memory of what happened and figure out something. (1:00pm) "Ohh... shoot! I almost forgot. Their bible study. " and they grumbled.

When my vision suddenly stopped at a thin story book that appeared to be a childish bible story book, I pouted along with confusion. I pluck it and my brain starts to function properly to come up with an idea. "I can help you with that Church Boy. " I grinned while holding the storybook. We both looked at each other and smirked, reading the details of my idea in the way of looking at each other. Christian already knew my idea because it was written on my face. He knew me too well... He grinned and raised one eyebrow at me.

"Ohh... I see what you're doing, staring at each other... making connections, or is this some kind of a staring contest... oh boy, I could do better!" said Roi and chuckled while giving us a weird stink eye. I rolled my eyes in annoyance as Christian sighed in embarrassment.