Chapter 49

Jesus taught us about the parable of the farmer scattering seed... The farmer plants seeds by taking God's word to others. The seed that fell on the footpath represents those who hear the message, only to have Satan come at once and take it away.

The seed on the rocky soil represents those who hear the message and immediately receive it with joy. But since they don't have deep roots, they don't last long. They fall away as soon as they have problems or are persecuted for believing God's word.
The seed that fell among the thorns represents others who hear God's word, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life, the lure of wealth, and the desire for other things, so no fruit is produced. And the seed that fell on good soil represents those who hear and accept God's word and produce a harvest of thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times as much as had been planted.

He also taught about the parable of the lamp, the parable of the growing seed, and the parable of the mustard seed. As we sailed through the sea of thunder brought by faith, we witnessed the greatness of God that was portrayed by Jesus's love and mercy. Where he called out his twelve disciples and gave them power and authority to cast out all demons and to heal all diseases. Jesus fed 5,000 men with five loaves and two fish. We were happy to hand them out to the people. A smile was pinned to my face as I looked towards Jesus while distributing them. He smiled back at me. Yet he exchanged his looks and left the crowds.
I immediately prompted the others to follow Jesus. The sun was reflected on our skin with exhaustion, yet he made a way. "Who do people say I am?" asked Jesus. "Well," we replied, "some say John the Baptist, some say Elijah, and others say you are one of the other ancient prophets risen from the dead." Then Jesus asked us, "But who do you say I am?" Peter replied, "You are the Messiah sent from God!"
I couldn't understand why Jesus was not happy about it, nor overwhelmed with joy because he was the Messiah that would save us all. He warned us not to tell anyone who he was. "The Son of Man must suffer many terrible things," he said. "He will be rejected by the elders, the leading priests, and the teachers of religious law. He will be killed, but on the third day he will be raised from the dead. " I can't comprehend if this is one of his parables or not. Then he said to the crowd, "If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross daily, and follow me." If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. And what do you gain if you gain the whole world but yourself are lost or destroyed? If anyone is ashamed of me and my message, the Son of Man will be ashamed of that person when he returns in his glory and in the glory of the Father and the holy angels. "
"I tell you the truth, some standing here right now will not die before they see the Kingdom of God."

After 8 days, Jesus took Peter, John and James up on a mountain to pray. We waited for them until a voice came out of the clouds. It was like thunder. The next day, after they had come down the mountain, a large crowd met Jesus. Then there was a man who begged for his son who was possessed by an evil spirit. He called out to Jesus to help him because his disciples couldn't cast out the evil spirit within his son. Jesus said, "You faithless and corrupt people! How long must I be with you and put up with you? " Then he healed the child. Awe gripped the people as they saw this majestic display of God's power.

Jesus said to his disciples,
"Listen to me and remember what I say. The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into the hands of his enemies. " He reminded me again as if it was a necessary message. It was more than necessary, as I expected. The Son of Man must be heard and it must be seen. They didn't get it and neither did I. We didn't know what he meant.

Its significance was hidden from us, so we couldn't understand it, and we were afraid to ask about it. Later that day, there was a sun ahead of us, telling us to get up and pick up our mats.

Suddenly, some children came across our path, running around while giggling from being innocent. Then it appeared to me as a nostalgia.

"I'm the greatest!"

"No, I am!" The disciples began arguing about which of them was the greatest.
But Jesus knew their thoughts, so he brought a little child to his side. We stood up there for a minute, even if we appeared far from before, we looked like beggars wearing rag clothes. Our faces were covered with dust and our feet became gristle. Then he said to them, "Anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me also welcomes my father, who sent me. Whoever is the least among you is the greatest. " As days passed, many miracles happened and the truth was told because of Jesus. But actions are needed as an application towards life. The Lord sent workers to the field as for the lamb among the wolves. I remembered, "If those who live there are peaceful, the blessing will stand; if they are not, the blessing will return to you." We went from town to town, places to places. I have had a great journey in these past few years.

We can conquer. For Jesus told us, "Look, I have given you authority over all the power of the enemy, and you can walk among snakes and scorpions and crush them. Nothing will injure you. " And I believed them.