82: Lin Sanjiu's Kills and Steals

While dragging Chen Fan's corpse, Lin Sanjiu had carefully examined his lethal wounds.

The old woman only used a single blow to kill Chen Fan; however, his chest was covered by multiple bloodied holes that nested closely together. It was like a mashed up beehive and was quite a disturbing sight. No matter how much force that woman's punch held, there was no way that it could naturally produce such a wound. Lin Sanjiu concluded that it had something to do with that woman's fists.

Right now, Lin Sanjiu was witnessing that woman's strange attack. Instead of a single concentrated blow, the old woman's punch was like the combined attack of a dozen sharp spikes at once. Currently, they were all aimed at Lin Sanjiu's upper body. If they hit her, she would instantly become a human sieve, and her corpse would look worse than Chen Fan's. Alarmed, she shifted her body, and as if every inch of her muscles suddenly came alive, with a series of odd twists she barely evaded the attack.

The attack cut off a lock of Lin Sanjiu's black hair, scattering it in mid-air. The length of the hair on Lin Sanjiu's left side was now only at her collar bone.

"Oh? You're quite good." The old woman laughed in a hoarse voice. "The apocalypse only descended on this world a few months ago, yet you have such a physical aptitude... Are you also from another world?

"No," Lin Sanjiu replied as she stared at the woman.

The current circumstances were not very favorable for Lin Sanjiu. Even though she already knew that it wouldn't be easy, it was different experiencing firsthand how horrifyingly lethal the old woman's attack was — and it seemed as if that was just to test her. She could tell that the prematurely-aged woman definitely had more hidden up her sleeves.

On the other hand, she had just woken up from a one-week coma, and her School of Higher Consciousness was still sealed. In addition to that, she didn't even have a decent weapon within the cards she possessed...

"No? Haha! Then your Potential Growth Value shouldn't be too low!" The old woman suddenly laughed, tearing her fragile, dried, old skin. "Your Active Skill must be pretty good. Why don't you just give it to me?"

Just as she said that, the old woman lunged toward her. Lin Sanjiu couldn't even see the rain of punches clearly; she was drowned by multiple waves of spine-like attacks. If Chen Fan were to see this, he would have been thankful that he had not died as a foam of blood.

With a burst of adrenaline, Lin Sanjiu moved at a speed she had never even imagined. Her movements were so fast that they almost congealed into a single streak. Yet, even at that speed, she only managed to dodge the main field of the attack, while both of her arms were already covered with multiple streaks of blood. While she dodged, she nervously considered her options. Her laughter item could not be used on females; Cat Litter was not a combat item; if she used "Route 300" to seal her opponent's special item, the old woman could still continue using her Active Skills...

By elimination, she was only left with her Pygmalion Choker. However, the greatest flaw of the item was that she needed another person to describe a skill to her; otherwise, the Special Item was basically useless.

'What should I do?'

"Why are you only dodging?"

Every subsequent whirlwind of attacks was more vicious than the previous, but the old woman was unable to cause any major injuries due to Lin Sanjiu's eel-like dodging. The old woman finally started losing patience and held back her attacks as she said, "Let's put a quick end to this."

Lin Sanjiu stroked the back of her neck absentmindedly, and a thought suddenly crossed her mind. 'Isn't there a person right in front of me?'

She knew that she wasn't great at acting, so she just steadied herself and lowered her eyes, asking, "Do you know why I specifically asked you to come up to the platform with me?"