65: Sorry for Having a Useless Ability

"What the hell? Ahhhhhh..."

A black figure circled the Executives' Building. It disappeared in a second, leaving a yellow trail of dust. This was followed tightly by two other figures, one who was visibly smaller than the other. After a few seconds, the three shadows re-enacted the same scenario, going around the building once again.

"Enough of your bullshit. Stop and let me bite you to death right now!" An angry soprano voice rang behind Lin Sanjiu. It was the brown rabbit, which was almost half-soaring through the sky because of its speed.

"You must be joking. Ahhhhhh... Didn't they say there were five executives? How can a rabbit be an executive? Ahhhh... If there was a vacancy, why didn't you Oasis people inform me..."

There was no way Lin Sanjiu would stop, though she knew her protests did nothing but make the brown rabbit angrier. Lin Sanjiu did not dare to run elsewhere, with these two executives chasing her, as she was afraid that she might accidentally lead them to her companions and implicate them too. Without a choice, she could only run in circles around the Executives' Building. The three, uh... people had already run for who knows how many rounds.

"Gah," the office lady muttered as she paused and turned in the other direction, deciding to catch Lin Sanjiu by running in the opposite direction. When the brown rabbit saw her moving, he suddenly grew impatient and shouted at the office lady, "Fuck, you're doing that again..."

Before he could finish his sentence, a person jumped over his body while he was dazed. Lin Sanjiu landed behind the rabbit and continued forward without stopping. Once again, all of them were running in the same direction, but with a slight change in position. By now, Lin Sanjiu was already very familiar with the whole shenanigan. Apparently, she had jumped over the rabbit a couple of times over the past few rounds. The brown rabbit's black eyes almost turned red with fury. "Stop changing directions!" he screamed "She just jumped over my head again! Curses!"

The office lady's glasses were tinted with a cold light in the dark. "It's all because you're so small and can't even block her. You're useless!" she said ruthlessly.

"I'll bite you to death!" The brown rabbit's eyes had already turned into two red inverted triangles. The office lady ignored him. Even though she tried to run faster, there was no sign that they were closing the distance between themselves and Lin Sanjiu.

Sprinting was all down to one's physical capabilities. Despite normal "Physical Enhancement" and Lin Sanjiu's "Overall Physical Enhancement" both being passive abilities, they were of a different class just like a burger set compared to a deluxe family Christmas meal...

Other than the two people chasing her, most other posthumans would also develop the normal "burger set".

Seeing the woman in front of him running away with ease, the brown rabbit could not tolerate it any longer. Its four paws stopped, and it yelled out dispiritedly, "Startled monkeys, Fleeing Hares!"

'What a cultured rabbit!' Before that thought fully popped up in Lin Sanjiu's mind, a turf of a brown ball suddenly shot toward her back, like a projectile from a rocket launcher, and hit her. The forward inertia combined with the rabbit's natural strength knocked Lin Sanjiu, who was still sprinting, to the ground.

The office lady chased up to them within a few seconds and blocked Lin Sanjiu's path. Right now, it looked like it wasn't feasible for her to just stand up and leap over the rabbit. Lin Sanjiu stood up and dusted herself. "You're quite chubby," she complimented, looking at the brown rabbit.

"I'm going to kill you!"

As the rabbit screeched, Lin Sanjiu didn't have an easy time evading the raining attacks from the rabbit. Due to the reflection on the office lady's spectacles, it was difficult to see what her expression was. Her outstretched arms were quickly turning a glowing red. The heat that radiated from her arms started distorting the surrounding air.