80: Meeting at the Crossroads (3)

"If the opponent dies during the duel, would the victor lose his reward?"

This was the question that the White Team asked in the previous positioning, and the Red Team was only conscious of it now...

Now that they thought about it, they understood Mr. Dot's answer: even if the loser died, his or her team members would have to carry their dead body into the white fog so that their Active Skill could be offered.

Therefore, this must be the same case for B. Rabbit, who seemed to have fainted and was unable to move by himself. Lin Sanjiu walked toward him silently and carried the little ball of yellow fur. The rabbit immediately flopped limply in her hands and appeared totally unconscious.

The remaining members of the Red Team watched as Lin Sanjiu's back slowly disappeared into the white fog. They looked at each other with a lingering fear.

"What should we do next?" Chen Fan's forehead was covered with cold sweat as he turned to Zhong Junkai. "Without even mentioning the others, we must avoid colliding with that huge man. He already stayed put in C3 the previous turn, so he'll definitely move for the next. But we simply can't tell where he'll go..."

Zhong Junkai pursed his lips, unsure of what to do either. The current situation was definitely against them — since both teams received the same hints, they'd be caught by the White Team if they went for the points. However, if they didn't snatch the points, the White Team would easily rack them all up. If the gap between their scores got too wide, their team would be thrashed by the White Team regardless.

"When you really think about it, the scariest person in the White Team should just be that huge man, right?" Zhong Junkai said without much confidence. "If we must fight with the other members, we might still have a winning chance yet..."

Chen Fan nodded hesitantly. "Um... the best option is still to gain points while avoiding a collision..." He was aware that what he had just said didn't help one bit.

The black screen stood in front of them, blocking the view of their unpredictable opponents. As it had been some time since Mr. Dot had literally blown the fog away, columns of white fog snaked toward the arena once again. The members of the Red Team remained silent and waited for quite some time before they spotted Lin Sanjiu walking back to them.

She placed B. Rabbit at the side of the grid and walked back to her tile. B. Rabbit laid on the ground and said nothing. He gave Lara Lian a quick glance before turning to look at the grid.

Next, just like before, they looked at the hints and confirmed their positions before the black screen descended...

The only difference when the black screen came down was the contrast between the Red Team's uneasiness and the White Team's composure.

None of the tiles on both grids glowed, which meant that no one got any points or lost any either.

"Announcing the positions..."

White Team: Long-legs B2, Hu Changzai A2, Flowery shirt B4, Loser D4, Hai Tianqing D3, Old Woman C3.

Red Team: Old Wang C1, Lin Sanjiu B5, Zhong Junkai C4, Chen Fan C3.

Before Mr. Dot even said a word, Chen Fan jumped up and stared at the Old Woman standing on the same column and tile. "I collided with her?"

"Did you think that since the huge man had to move away from C3 that it would naturally become the safest place?" Old Wang, who was standing at the first tile, sneered.

Chen Fan wiped the moisture on his face. No one knew if it was cold sweat or rainwater, but he didn't reply and turned to look at the platform instead.

"I already told you that the White Team members are after us. They already predicted that someone would do that... Once that huge guy left, someone would immediately take over that spot!"