73: Your Fate Depends on Sugoroku (2)

After Mr. Dot said that, everyone's expressions turned a little weird. For this game of Sugoroku, each team could only send one player each. According to rule 7: "Before every game commences, the team members from each team who are not participating will have to offer up one of their own items as a prize". Thus, it was obvious that everyone wanted to be the contestant for the game.

After all, the contestant would not receive any sort of penalty even if they lost; however, the remaining team members would have to give up an item. Before the first game even officially started, everyone avoided each other's gaze and lowered their heads, contemplating.

Since no one spoke even after some time, Lara Lian asked in a quiet, mousy voice, "Well... who should represent us for this game?"

Without showing a shred of modesty, Chen Fan answered her boldly, "Didn't I just address that? In the end, this game will be determined by a duel. So, of course, we should choose a male contestant!"

Lara Lian's face froze for a second, unable to immediately argue with him. As if to remedy her mistake, she quickly added, "You can't put it that way! The players could use their abilities to duel, so it's not about one's physical strength... Besides, if the White Team chooses a female contestant, then I... uh... and Miss Lin can also be chosen!"

"No matter who participates, I don't have any opinion on—" Zhong Junkai seemed to be a little reserved about it, but before he could finish his sentence, his girlfriend pulled his shirt sleeve, so he swallowed the remaining words.

Old Wang looked at Lara Lian — but this time he wasn't staring at her breasts. "Little girlie, you're too naive. The first game is the most stressful round. You're just a delicate woman. What'll we do if you somehow can't take the pressure? If nobody objects, I can be the contestant."

When he said that, the other members, except for the expressionless Lin Sanjiu and B. Rabbit, instantly felt a little uneasy. Lin Sanjiu remained silent as she watched the other members bicker. Suddenly, she raised her voice and said, "Mr. Dot, how will you judge the duel?" At her shout, the rest of the Red Team members zipped their mouths and waited intently for Mr. Dot's reply.

"Wow, what a coincidence! The White Team also asked the same question! I will answer both teams at the same time..." Mr. Dot paused for a few seconds before he spoke again. "Since it's a duel, it shall end when one of the party dies."

B. Rabbit staggered at that remark and nearly fell off Lin Sanjiu's shoulder. The members of the Red Team sitting in their small circle immediately fell silent. Considering the 50% chance of dying, the importance of their abilities or items diminished. However, due to their previous behavior where they nearly got into a fight trying to be the chosen contestant, the current atmosphere was still very tense. Everyone was trying to find a way to excuse themselves discreetly, and Old Wang was the first to speak. "If the opposite team sends out the old woman, I'll be the contestant."

The members of the White Team were mostly at their prime age. With his outstanding physique, Hai Tianqing looked menacing no matter where he stood. The long-legged woman with a red mini-skirt was tall and feisty. The remaining members, including Hu Changzai, were also healthy young men. Only the woman who looked old beyond her years seemed like the weakest link.

Hearing his words, the others naturally understood what he meant. Faint, superficial smiles appeared on their faces. Just when the Red Team was still undecided, Mr. Dot raised his voice and unexpectedly said, "Okay! Our White Team has decided on a contestant. Can the contestant please walk up to the starting point? Red Team, you still have two minutes."

The members of the Red Team turned their heads to look at the White Team. An average-looking young man who was about 1.8m walked toward the starting point. He grinned at the Red Team and loosened his neck and shoulders as he reached the starting point. Once he stood in position, he suddenly slammed his fist on the ground. The impact it caused drove away a lot of the remaining white fog in the arena. It was so strong that even the Red Team could feel the tremors. When he straightened, there was a hole beside the square he was standing in that was the size of a human's head.