Dream wakes up after a thousoud years

I remember nightmare eating the apple and touching nightmare. That was before I started turning into stone. I got to tell him I love him though before it all went black. I could hear nightmare talking to me about things he's been doing.

It was lonely until he talks to me. I felt happy knowing he still cared about me and talked to me. I heard he also got some people or monsters To join him. I didn't fully know who they were or what kind of monsters or humans they were. I could hear his gang talking to nightmare and sometimes me. I think they were all monsters though...I don't know what kind but ones called dust, the other killer, horror, and I think error and cross? I hoped I got their names right because it sounded right to me and familiar too. I don't know how long I've been a statue now but I am hopeful that I will one day be free... I just don't know when I will be free.

Does nightmare know how to break the spell/magic he casted on me by accident? I don't think he does, he still cares about me so he wouldn't leave me a statue if he could break it...right? I had some doubts but I choose not to believe in it and just wait until I was free. I don't know when that will be though...and I let my mind drift off as I slowly allowed myself to sleep for the first time since I became a statue. Over the next few years of being asleep, he will wake up not as statue and will be free but for right now he will sleep and wait to break free..

~nightmares POV almost a thousand years later~

It's been almost a thousand years since I accidentally turned my brother into a statue, I'm still waiting for it to wear off. I don't even know what kind of magic or spell it was when I turned him into a statue.

During these years without him talking and giving me hugs or playing, I found myself having a group of different sans from different au's apart of my gang. We don't really have to do anything, it's more of me taking them in and letting them stay whenever they want. They get food, shelter, everything else they need or want when they stay here. In exchange, I have them helping me. Mostly looking in many books to see if they find anything about magic or spells that turned others into a statue. At first they were confused on why I wanted them to look for that, until I showed them my brothers statue.

~flashback when they see statue first time~

"So why did you have us look for that kind of magic in the first place?" Dust asked nightmare.

The others agreed about that and nightmare looks at them. "Follow me then..you might as well get the full story." Nightmare said quietly and walked to his room.

He didn't need to sleep but he use to sleep with his brother when they did sleep. Now he just has a bed and a lot of space for his brothers statue. They followed nightmare, confused on why he was leading them to his room. Nightmare opened the door and let them in.

They stood there, staring at the statue of a crying skeleton reaching out. They didn't know who it was or why nightmare had the statue in his room. "Boss..who's that?" Cross asked curiously. "This...is my brother..." nightmare said carefully touching the skeleton statue cheek. "Your brother? Is it a statue of your brother or?" Error asked. "My brother..who I accidentally turned into stone when I got this form...I didn't mean to turn him into a statue..I don't know how long it will last but it's been almost a thousand years since that day..." nightmare said with a hint of sorrow in his voice.

The skeletons stared at their friends brother who was turned into a statue on accident. "How did that happen?" Horror said a bit confused.

"Back..where we came from.. the first time meeting the villagers wasn't great but we had each other.. except dream never told me that they beat him every single day for a few years since they meet us.. they thought he was the guardian of negativity but he was the guardian of positivity...I don't know why they made that mistake..but they beat him instead of beating me.