112) Friend

Hyewon POV

The memories of you and Y/N’s breakup filled your mind with much regret, putting you in low spirits. You could feel your face slowly turning into a red mess, everything becoming flushed with a crimson tint. You tried to push in the passcode to enter your apartment, but your eyes felt so strained because of your tears.

Your vision was blurry, causing you to continuously miss the input each number for the passcode. You begin to wipe away your tears using your sleeves, trying to calm yourself down. Your sleeves were slowly getting wet due to the endless river flowing out of your eyes.

The tears that you didn’t catch would land on the floor. It was almost as if you could cry yourself a puddle if you wanted to. Although you should have expected this outcome, you felt remorseful about the whole situation.

You felt like a terrible person, doing that to Y/N… Not only did you not want to taint his reputation with your own, but also you find that telling him the reasoning of our sudden separation wouldn’t be fair for him. 

You tried to regain composure, calming yourself down a bit. You then begin to hear footsteps coming closer to you, coming from down the hallway. You turned to the side to see Y/N, staring at you. Although you had just calmed yourself down, the fact that you saw him once again made you feel like crying once more. All the memories we had together blitzed through your minds, almost as if you just experienced a hundred at once.

Y/N: "Annyeonghaseyo," he said to you, giving you a small bow. Huh? Why was he acting so polite? You understand that you were technically his senior in the industry but still… He never did this before... You awkwardly bowed back and greeted him.

Hyewon: "Annyeonghaseyo..." you said to him. You feel your anxiety build as you begin to get shy. You slapped both your cheeks at once, trying to snap out of it. It was Y/N you were talking to, you shouldn’t be nervous. After all, you knew him better than anyone...

He begins walking closer and closer to you. As the distance between us shortened, your heart began to flutter uncontrollably. You missed him deeply, so much in fact... All you wanted to do was to hold him again... Giving him a warm embrace like we used to do.

The feeling of our cuddles was like a tiny piece of paradise. It was perfect not only in warmth but affection as well. When you were in his arms, you felt safe, as if nothing could touch you. When you hugged him, he felt like a tall teddy bear, only wanting to be taken care of.

When you saw Y/N you forgot about putting up a poker face, but instead, your face was beaming with a bright smile. You wanted to talk to Y/N for so long but never dared to do it. Almost every night, your finger would hover over his name on your phone, wanting to call or text him. When you saw something funny, you instantly wanted to send it to him, but you realize that if you did he wouldn't get over you quickly.

He walked closer and closer, making your smile beam brighter and brighter. But then he walked past you, heading over to the door of his apartment. You looked at him shocked… Did he just ignore my existence after greeting me? Is he really not going to talk to me? You watched as he put in the passcode for his apartment, close to unlocking the door.

He opened the door and was about to head inside. You didn't know what you were doing, but you acted instinctively. You held on to the back of his shirt, not wanting him to leave. He paused, probably wondering why you grabbed him out of the blue.

Y/N: "Is there something you need Hyewon?" he said, in a normal tone. Not sounding annoyed but also not sounding happy to see you. 

“Hyewon...Huh?” Every time he called you “Hyewon” was when he was serious or wanted to confess his affection towards you. But to hear it now, instead of the normal Kwangbae, it stung... As if you just stumped your toes on a hidden surface. He turns around and looks at you. He stares deep within your eyes almost as if he was looking into your soul.