99) I'm Sorry

Y/N POV

You were waiting in your apartment, wondering why Hyewon hadn't come home already. Before leaving for work, she already told you her schedule and was supposed to be coming back early today. If she ever was preoccupied or there was a chance she would be running late, she would have texted you in advance.

As the clock ticks and ticks, the hours feeling slow, your worry becomes more and more prominent. You called her repeatedly, each call sending you straight into her voicemail. "Why wasn't she picking up? It's already almost 3 AM..." you thought to yourself. Sure... an Idol’s task could cause a person to be behind schedule, but still, you felt as if something was off.

Your concern was getting to its breaking point and you were done waiting around. You tried calling Eunbi to figure out Hyewon's whereabouts. "Maybe if you knew where she was, then you would stop worrying about her," you thought to yourself.

*Ring Ring*

Eunbi: "Annyeonghaseyo?" she said in a sleepy tone. Did she just wake up? "What is it, Y/N? Why are you calling me so early?" she said, muttering the words out of her mouth.

Y/N: "Oh sorry about that... Do you know where Hyewon is? She hasn't come home yet and I'm worried about her..." you said to the leader.

Eunbi: "That's weird... Hyewon said she would head over to your house right when we finished work. Did you two get into a fight or something? She looked pretty upset today, not talking to any of us..." she said, confusing you.

A fight? She seemed extraordinarily jolly and filled with life last time you saw her. She was extremely overjoyed at the fact she got your family's approval and nothing happened recently that would cause a rift between us. If she was ever mad or upset, you would notice right away and would apologize.

Y/N: "Oh I see..." you said, getting more anxious about not being able to reach Hyewon. "I'm going to go look for her, I'll contact you if I find her or if I needed help," you said as the leader agreed.

You put on a jacket, frantically rushing out of the apartment, spam calling Hyewon. You were worried that something could have happened to her. Your bundle of nerves was hitting its climax as you bolted over towards the exit. You opened the door, and you were greeted by a down in the dumps Hyewon.

You looked at her, as her gaze was facing towards the floor, not daring to look you in the eyes. You looked at her hands and noticed she was holding her phone. Your caller ID was still on the screen, Hyewon not picking up your desperate reach for her. Why didn't she pick up her phone if it was in the palms of her hands? 

Her cheeks fully flushed, her eyes bloodshot. Her nose was rosy, and her face filled with sorrow. It seemed like Hyewon had been crying for a while, however, you didn't process that in the moment. All your emotions were converted into rage and concern for her wellbeing.

Y/N: "Hyewon! Why didn't you pick up your phone?!?" you slightly yelled at her, you watched as she flinched by the tone of your voice. You felt awful for raising your voice at her, but your built-in stress caused you to do things you would never do. "Do you know how worried I was?!?" you shouted, as she once again quivered with your sudden burst of anger.

 "Do you know how worried I was?!?" you shouted, as she once again quivered with your sudden burst of anger