Chapter 22: Real Date

Începe de la început

"No... I'm fine... I just slipped and hit my head... and I fell down," he says though heavy breath.

"Tell me the truth," I insist that he's lying.

He doesn't say anything in response. His breathing just gets harder and harder.

"Ohmygod- you're not okay," I finally start to break down, "you need to get up."

"No..." (Y/N) huffs, "give me a minute," he struggles to say through his own heavy breathing.

"No. I'm taking you to the nurse right now," I demand.

"What's she gonna do, give me an ice pack?" (Y/N) waves his arm. "Just give me a sec... I'll... I'll be okay..." he says faintly as he rests his head on the wall again.

"No, I've had enough of this," I move closer to him and grab his arm and pull it around my shoulder and slowly stand up. He stumbles at first and the both of us almost fall down but we manage to fully stand up. I try to take him out into the hallway still with him using me as a crutch. He's walking with a limp. I'm assuming because the hole where his chest tube once was is hurting him too much.

"I want to go back to class..." (Y/N) sighs.

"If I take you back to class she's just going to send you to the nurse and you'll probably get sent to the hospital from there. You're not okay," I look at him and he's barely even holding himself up. He still has to use me for support.

"Yes. I know!" He snaps. "If you take me to the nurse, she's going to call my mom! I don't want to see her!" He cries out. I hadn't even thought of that.

"You can't keep hiding from her forever! You'll have to talk to her eventually. This is an emergency!" I yell even though he's right next to me.

He stays silent.

"I know it's hard, (Y/N). I, out of all people, understand the most. I know what it's like to avoid a close family member at all times... you've seen my dad," I lower my voice back to normal.

"Fine... just take me to class first so the teacher knows where we are," he huffs.

"You sure you want everyone to see you like this?" I ask.

"They've seen me worse," he shakes his head.

Guess he's right...

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

As I cling to Lloyd's side, we get closer and closer to the classroom. It's still hard to walk because of the sharp pain in my chest but the pain gets slowly more bearable over time.

He knocks on the door and another student opens the door and their first reaction is to gasp in fear of the sight of me covered in blood and barely able to walk.