Chapter 4 - Infected

When I woke up my head, arm, and leg were throbbing. It hurts like hell. I was being carried by someone. When I looked up, it was Elliot.

Wonder what Hank promised Elliot for him to do this, I thought.

Elliot looked down at me with his usual cold, hard face and dropped me.

"Well, since you're up, might at well get walking," he said coldly.

"Elliot!" Beth yelled. She was pissed. She helped me up, gave him a death stare, and walked far ahead of us.

"You know, I don't even know why my dad would save you. All you are is a piece of shit. Don't see how you could be helpful," he said.

I thought about this for a second. I'm only 10. I can't kill what I saw downtown. I don't even know if we can kill them.

Elliot caught up to Beth and tried to hold her hand, but she just refused and crossed her arms. Then, he whispered something in her ear and he tried to hold her hand again. This time, she let him.

Randomly, I thought about my family. My dad. He died for me. To save me. My mom died giving birth to me. I'm an orphan. I basically let my own father die. I'm a murder. Maybe I am a piece of shit.

I thought about my only friend, Emma. I wonder if she made it. I doubt it. From what I've seen, there will be no more survivors downtown.

Out of nowhere, one of the creatures attacked me. I screamed as it bit my arm.

Hank grabbed the creature and slammed it against a tree, destroying the brain.

"Oh shit..." Elliot said, speechless.

Like he's actually sad about this.

I started tearing up as I looked down at my arm. I looked up at Elliot and said, "Are you happy now?"

Hank looked at Elliot, whose face was washed over with guilt. Beth kneeled down next to me and got a bandage from a bag I never knew she had.

"We're gonna keep you alive as long as we can," she said.

"What? Beth, that's insane. Actually, no, it's suicidal," Elliot said.

"We are going to keep her alive as long as we can!" she repeated.

I looked at Hank. His face was full of doubt.

"What do you think?" I asked him.

"I think...we try to keep you alive and see what happens," he said.

"Dad!" Elliot argued.

"We are not fighting about this. A decision has already been made," Hank said. "We should get going now."

I got back up on my feet again, worried about what might happen in the days to come.

Author's note:
Just wait till the next chapters to come! I can't wait! Comment what you think about this FanFiction so far for a follow! :)