26

Elijah looked at the clock as Levi shook him awake.

6:45

"It's too early," Elijah groaned, rolling over on Levi so he'd stop trying to shake him and wake him up. "Go back to sleep."

"Greyson's not a morning person and he's already up!" Levi said, trying to push the demon off of him. "Oatmeal, help!"

Elijah shrieked when he felt Levi's cat hop onto him and stretch out her claws with a hiss. He sat up and climbed off of Levi, pulling the cat off of himself.

"Stupid cat!" Elijah growled, handing the animal to Levi.

He would've thrown her, but he didn't want Levi to give him the silent treatment all day.

"She's my baby, you can't call her stupid," Levi whined, cuddling the winged animal. "Lexi better take care of her."

Before Elijah could ask what he meant, Levi carried Oatmeal out of the room and was joined on the bed by Greyson. He was pushed back down and Greyson joined their lips, kissing Elijah with so much passion that he felt dazed.

"Happy birthday, baby," Greyson whispered, kissing Elijah's nose. "Time to get up, we've got places to be."

Elijah perked up at that, his mind just now registering that it was his birthday. "Where are we going?" he asked, hopping out of bed and being handed comfortable clothes that consisted of sweats and a T-shirt by Greyson. "Nowhere fancy, apparently."

Greyson chuckled. "We've got dressy clothes for you later. Right now, put those on," he said.

Levi reappeared in the room with a thermos of coffee. "Here," he said, handing it to Elijah. "Just how you like it."

Elijah took the thermos and put it on his nightstand so he could get dressed, and once he was, Greyson grabbed his duffel bag from inside the closet, as well as his own and Levi had one that looked like he'd recently bought it.

"What're those for?" Elijah asked, trying to take his bag but Greyson shook his head.

"Go get in the car, love," he said, nodding to the door. "We're going to be late if you don't hurry."

That was all the motivation Elijah needed to run out the door to the car. He was joined by his two soulmates after they put the bags in the back of the car and climbed in.

Greyson started the car and drove to the airport, making Elijah bounce in his seat.

"Where are we going?!" he asked as they took their bags to the desk and checked them after they got their tags.

Greyson handed Elijah and Levi their boarding passes.

"California?!" Elijah asked, grabbing Levi's hand. "What're we doing there?!"

"Disneyland," Levi whispered, smiling at how thrilled Elijah was. "Don't scream, we're in a public place."

Elijah darted toward the security area and went through with his boarding pass, waiting impatiently on the other side for Levi and Greyson.

"I love flying," Elijah said, staring longingly out the window once they got to their gate. "We used to fly in the woods hundreds of years ago but now with technology advancing someone could see us and we'd like to keep quiet about being demons."

Levi didn't respond.

He'd never been in a plane and to say he was terrified would be an understatement. He just sat and nodded, giving short answers to whatever Elijah chose to rant about while Greyson left to get them food.

"You're being quiet," Elijah said about ten minutes before they were supposed to board the plane.

Levi dropped his head onto Elijah's shoulder. "I like listening to your voice," he said, no part of him wishing to ruin Elijah's birthday with his fears and worries. "And it's early so I'm still a bit tired."

Elijah didn't look convinced but didn't want to push. "Have you ever been to Disneyland?"

"No, my mom said she'd take me when I was older but... yeah, it didn't happen but I get to go now with the loves of my life, so who cares?" Levi asked, the idea of spending a fun few days with his soulmates in a theme park overcoming him and putting a wide smile on his face.

"Did you ever have a funeral for your mother?" Elijah asked, and Levi shook his head.

"I never wanted to," he said, his heart hurting at the painful memory. "I was sad at first but for years it's turned into anger. She didn't have to leave me alone but she did. I know she was hurting but I was a kid and I was hurt too, but she didn't even care. She tricked me into thinking she was better and then left me alone."

Elijah rubbed Levi's back to soothe him. "We will never leave you," he promised, kissing Levi's head. "We'll always be here to protect you."

Levi sighed in relief. "Let's not talk about this. It's your birthday and I don't want to feel sad!" he said as Greyson reappeared and slid into the seat beside him. "What are you most excited for when we get there?"

"Definitely Tower of Terror!" Elijah said, thanking Greyson as he was handed a bagel and a green tea with fruit flavoring in it. "What about you?"

Levi had to think for a second before smiling. "I've heard about the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and I guess it's slow but really cool," he said, kissing Greyson's cheek as the demon handed him a scone and a hot chocolate.

"We're going to the park for two days and then we're going to visit Darius," Greyson said, making Elijah gasp in surprise.

"Really?!" Elijah asked, openly thrilled. "We haven't seen him since last year! Does he know?!"

Greyson chuckled. "Yes, he said we'd have a birthday dinner there for you. He's added to his collection, apparently," he said, taking a sip of his iced coffee.

"Who's Darius?" Levi asked, taking a bite of his scone and pouting when Elijah also stole a bite. "E!"

"Darius is a high ranking demon," Elijah said, his mouth full of scone. "Not a sin, but one of the higher demons. He lives here but doesn't have a soulmate, nor does he want one. He likes to collect and own different supernatural creatures, though I think he has a couple of humans as well."

Levi hummed as the woman at the flight desk called for the first class passengers to board. He tensed up before forcing himself to calm down, as he didn't want to worry the two beside him.

However, both Elijah and Greyson noticed.

"You're afraid of planes," Greyson said, and Elijah looked like something clicked in his mind. "Why didn't you tell us, babe?"

Levi shook his head. "I didn't want to ruin the day," he said, grabbing his backpack that he'd brought with a book for the flight. "It's fine, I'm not that scared! It's just new."

Elijah frowned. "We'll hold your hands when we take off, don't worry!" he said, hopping up when they were called to board. "It's not that scary during take off and air travel is really safe."

"Thank you," Levi whispered as they boarded and buckled their belts for the flight.

Levi sat in the middle seat with Elijah peering out the window and Greyson on the aisle, holding Levi's hand.

"We got a really nice suite outside of the park because we figured you'd be alright with being away from the park for a nicer penthouse hotel," Greyson explained, rubbing his thumb over the back of Levi's hand.

Elijah grinned, leaning over to Levi's ear. "As long as you brought lube," he purred, making Levi's face burn red and shove his face into Greyson's shoulder.

"Perv," Greyson joked.

"Always," Elijah agreed, pulling Levi's hand to his lips to kiss the back of it. "If I didn't perv over my boyfriends what kind of person would I be? I'd be a failure!"

The pilot called on the intercom that they were about to take off, so both Greyson and Elijah began to offer Levi reassuring touches on his hands and shoulders, as well as tiny kisses on his cheeks.

"Here we go!" Elijah exclaimed as the plane started to move. "Off to the happiest place on Earth!"