09

"You're pale!" Elijah exclaimed, sitting next to Levi in the backseat. "Is us being two of the seven sins really that scary?"

Levi blinked a few times, trying to get his mind to stop being so surprised and calmed down. "No... just wasn't expecting it," he muttered, his heart covered by a strange warmth when he saw how concerned Elijah was for him.

Elijah made a clicking sound with his mouth and felt Levi's forehead, checking to see if he was running a fever. He'd never seen someone pale so quick and it was freaking him out, especially because it was his soulmate.

"I'm okay," Levi promised, pulling his face away from Elijah's hand. "Just got a little lightheaded."

At those words, Elijah turned to the front seat and begged Greyson to stop at the nearest convenience store. When they parked, Elijah made his two soulmates stay in the car while he ran inside.

"Where's he going?" Levi asked.

Greyson shrugged, a look of adoration gracing his face. "Probably to pick up all of the pills that could potentially heal someone from getting lightheaded."

Levi felt another warm coat wrap itself around his heart. "Oh." He caught a glance of Greyson typing something on his phone about new diamonds for his store, and a sudden realization hit him. "You gave me a discount because you realized I was your soulmate, right?"

A smile made its way to Greyson's lips and he turned in his seat to look at Levi. "Yes. I didn't want you spending all of your money on a ring for someone that wasn't myself or Elijah," he said, his voice taking on a possessive tone. "And that's also why Elijah was being so envious when you were in the store. He didn't want to fathom the idea that you were in love with someone else."

"I wasn't," Levi said, disgust written all over his face. "I wanted to get better and I thought she could help to heal me, but she was cheating on me."

Greyson gave him a piteous look. "Does the healing you're talking about have to do with why you always wear long sleeves?" he asked. "And why you panicked at the club?"

Levi's gut filled with pain. "I..."

Thankfully, he didn't have to answer right away, as Elijah leapt into the car, holding a giant bag. He pressed himself next to Levi and began to pull out drinks filled with electrolytes, ordering Levi to start sipping on them.

Levi saw Greyson look at him with pity and desire in his eyes before he turned away and started the car.

They arrived at the mansion a half an hour later, with Elijah telling Levi all about himself and the other sins, how they all left Hell hundreds of years before so they could find their soulmates and live a new life, and all about the sins and who they were.

"Paxton, he's also Pride, is the kind of leader of our group," Elijah said as they got out of the car. "He's self obsessed and acts like he doesn't care about anyone, but we all know that he cares a lot and wants what's best for us sins. He's really judgmental at first, though, so we'll tell him to knock it off if he's being a total dick."

Greyson wrapped his arm around Elijah's waist. "Babe, don't talk his ear off," he said, kissing the side of Elijah's forehead.

Elijah groaned, rolling his eyes. "But I like to talk!" he exclaimed, before looking at Levi shamefully. "Sorry."

"I don't mind you talking," Levi said in a soft voice, a real smile tugging at his lips. "I don't talk much so it makes up for my lack of words. Plus, what you're saying is interesting."

Elijah looked about ready to marry Levi right then and there. "Aw!" he cooed, rushing over to his quiet soulmate and hugging him. "Just tell me if you ever need me to shut up, though."