17

Alastor sat at the head of the table, so everyone shifted down one spot. It became clear to Levi that of the sins, Paxton was Alastor's right hand and the one he relied on the most when visiting. Especially because Alastor seemed to direct conversation to Paxton when it was about something important and he wanted a second opinion.

Levi sat in his usual spot in between Greyson and Elijah, but before he could do anything else, Alastor addressed him.

"So, I give you a rare cat from Hell to care for and to protect you... and you named her Oatmeal?" Alastor asked, a hint of amusement on his face.

Levi nodded, the cat herself pushing her head on his leg to warn him right before she hopped up into his lap. "It was my dogs name when I was younger. Plus, she responds to it so it's too late to change her name!" he exclaimed, petting the tiny cat.

Elijah huffed. "You should give her back to him," he murmured, making Levi roll his eyes and Greyson snicker at his attitude.

"We're here to discuss the annual celebration, correct?" Paxton interrupted, his cold voice carrying down the table and getting everyone to shut up. "Greyson, Elijah, will you two be joining us?"

The pair glanced at each other, their eyes having a conversation.

"I don't know," Elijah said, slipping his hand into Levi's. "We're not sure if he'll be ready."

Alastor hummed, taking a sip of his wine. "Just let me know at some point in advance so enough is prepared. Also, shall I mark that Winston will be there? Where is he?" he asked, looking down the table at the unusually empty spot.

"I haven't seen him in a few days and I know for a fact he didn't have any matches and even Winston takes breaks from the bar," Gale said, pulling out her phone and calling him, only to set down the device a few seconds later. "Didn't answer."

Alastor pursed his lips. "I'd expect Simon to skip a dinner," he said, narrowing his eyes at Simon who was being very obvious about touching Kayden on his lap at the table. "But not Winston."

"Maybe he found his soulmate," Lexi said in a dreamy voice, his skin slowly turning into a cotton candy pink and matching his hair, but he caught himself and made it go back its normal shade. "Sorry, it's just that with Winston... I think he needs a soulmate sooner rather than later."

Out of nowhere, Kayden let out a small whine, drawing the attention of the whole table as he slapped his hand over his mouth.

"Nice one," Simon teased, making Kayden scowl and slide off his lap, face burning red with embarrassment.

"Don't tease your poor soulmate," Alastor said, but the mischievous look in his eyes told the room that he was enjoying the show. "There's not enough soulmates here for us all to enjoy ourselves, so be considerate."

"Yet!" Lexi chimed in, earning himself glares from Simon, Greyson, and Elijah. "Come on, we're all sins and we've all shared before."

Elijah huffed and grabbed Levi's thigh, causing Levi to jump slightly and Oatmeal to hiss at Elijah's hand. "If he ever goes near you, kick him in the balls."

"Relax," Greyson said, knowing that Elijah was still in a mood and wouldn't hesitate to fight Lexi at the table. "We wouldn't want to upset our Master or soulmate, would we?"

"I'm beginning to not care," Elijah said, his eyes gradually starting to glow.

Levi tensed up and covered his mouth so he wouldn't moan when Elijah leaned over and began to suck on his neck, leaving a dark purple mark. The entire table seemed like they were trying not to laugh at Levi's embarrassment, even Alastor.