Randolph: But I suppose you could sing in some ad libs

Addie: kk, anything in particular to be rapping abt?

Randolph: I wrote a rap which i expected to do- but ill send it over

Randolph: you can do whatevs with it

He sent an another attachment.

Addie: k, thx

Addie: I'll try get the shit done before we get to the studio then

Randolph: k cya

Addie: k (omfg why did i make her such a blunt texter :00)

I opened the beat up and listened to the familiar beat, before Talia's pre-chorus came. I bopped my head and reread Randolph's and my texts, and read the lyrics with the placement. 

I tried to rap the verse Randolph had written in time to the beat, and groaned when the flow felt so off. There were too many syllables for each line I had planned in my head, before Talia's part.

I reread Randolph's rap and copied the lyrics, pasting them in my notes and reading through them. Over the next ten minutes I made little amendments, until I got a part which when I mumbled the words to the beat- had an alright flow and 'punch.'

Come through with that gold on my arm (gold)
Didn't believe 'em when they told me that I can't
Now they reading my name on the motherfucking charts (bitch)
Still keeping my distance I don't trust 'em, I don't love 'em
Keep 'em on their toes, I'll be the topic of discussion (what?)
I'm the voice on the percussion (ay)
Ballin' like it's nothin' (ay, ay)
Front row, ace of spades, no bluffin', yeah
(by writing this i genuinely memorized this verse)

I nodded my head slightly when I realised that I had finished, and done a good job with it (debatably). I chucked my phone on the other side of my bed, and lay down, staring up at the plain white ceiling.

I knew that I was forgetting something- I just didn't know what.

I also knew I had forgotten what it was for about two weeks, now.

I allowed my thoughts to marinate for a few minutes, before realising what I was forgetting. I sat up and gasped silently, punching the air victoriously in my mind. Usually, when I forgot a thought in my mind- I never remembered it, which made this a historic moment.

I had forgotten to email my manager asking for this month's emails summary. 

I had a pretty large amount of people messaging me, usually- which meant that I didn't have all the time in the world to check through the thousands of emails I was sent via Mail. My manager, Manhattan, often also went through my social media MDs, and monitored practically everything I posted, did, and was going to do. 

We didn't exactly have a business-y relationship, as a matter of fact, we could be considered as good friends outside of work.

I was about to get up and move towards my computer, so that I could send an email asking why it had took his so long to send the monthly review, when I heard my phone buzzing beside me.

I read JJ's caller ID and swiped up.

'Yo, what's up?' I asked, putting the phone on speaker so that I didn't have to hold the phone.

'Hey, you ready to come to the studio to record your verse?' JJ said from the other side of the phone. 'Randolph said he sent you the beat and a verse, and you're ready to record.'

'Oh yeah, I can come to the studio, now- I'll just need about ten minutes to get my shit together before leaving the house, and then however long it might take to get to the studio.' I rambled on. 'Wait, are you at the studio already?'