Chapter 50

I straightened my car out in the drive before switching back into the correct gear before removing the keys from the car and shoving them in my pocket. 

I was home.

I looked around at the house, reabsorbing all of the random memories I thought I had forgotten. Like that time I had just come back from Hawaii, and Jake had put slime on the top of the door, so that when I opened the door to the house, expecting a warm welcome and cosy bed to sleep in- I was greeted by sticky gallons of slime poured on my head. It stank, I was jet-lagged, it was icky, I had to wash it, it didn't come out after five washes, and Jake was filming all of it and laughing. Now that I looked back on it, it was hilarious- but I can still remember just how livid I was at him. 

I opened the door and slid out of the car, slamming the door behind me and reaching over to the back and grabbing my suitcase before setting it down on the ground and sighing contently.

There was no way to describe the feeling I currently felt apart from describing it as the air was different there. It felt like the air was warmer and just felt different for no apparent reason... is that understandable? Probably not. 

Anyways. I walked up to the door, wheeling the suitcase behind me. I approached the door and dug around in my small bag for the little keyring I attached all of my keys to. 

I rummaged around a little longer until I found the little beaded keyring shine under the bright sun's light. I pulled it out, the keys coming out behind it. I fumbled around with the keys, looking for the correct key for the door until I found it. I inserted it into the door and heard the satisfying click  of the door as I unlocked it. 

I opened the door and looked around it to see Logan, Evan, Mike and a tanned girl sitting on the couch. I walked into the house and sat on the steps, taking my Converse shoes off. I walked back around and threw my hands up, doing jazz hands.

'Oh my God!' Logan exclaimed in surprise when he was me. Everyone else's heads snapped up and they smiled when they saw me. 'Addie!' He walked over and gave me a brotherly hug before pulling away and seeing how I was.

'Aww.' Evan exclaimed when Logan hugged me.

'Aww.' Mike said disappointedly. 'I thought there were pornstars or something, when I saw Logan's reactions.'

'What is your obsession with pornstars?' I laughed, walking up to him and giving him a small side-hug. 

'Look, everyone man, woman... and possibly some children has an obsession with certain pornstars.' Mike defended himself. I laughed at him and said hi to Evan before rolling my suitcase to the side and plopping on the couch and looking at the woman sat opposite me.

She had an olive skin tone and some Asian features, and wore a pair of black leather pants with a white slightly cropped top with black polka dots and puff sleeves with drawstrings which made the ruches in the sides of the shirt. She had mid-length dark brown hair which was ombré bleached at the tips. Her eyes were dark and chocolatey brown, and she didn't wear much makeup apart from some brown eyeshadow, orange tinted blush, and some subtle red lip balm. She had a perfect body which wasn't skinny, nor overweight, and her smile was sweet and contagious. I could recognise her from somewhere- I just didn't know where from.

'Addie, this is Chloe. And Chloe, this is Addie.' Logan introduced us.

'Hey.' I smiled, reaching over the coffee table and giving her a small hug.

'Hi.' She smiled, hugging me back.

'So I take it that you guys are currently dating.' I asked Logan and Chloe.