Chapter 69

I squinted and sat up, stretching my arms and yawning. I took my earphones out of my ears and opened my phone, switching Spotify off. 

'The guys still aren't back?' I mumbled and questioned myself rhetorically. Coincidentally, as soon as I had said that, the front door opened, and Simon slotted in.

'Hi.' I mumbled. Simon jumped a little before turning around.

'Holy shit, I forgot you were here.' Simon laughed. I chuckled lightly with him before asking a question.

'Where are the others?' I asked.

'Well Tobi, Ethan and Harry all live in flats, and Tobi volunteered to drive them back.' Simon explained. 'Josh, JJ and Vikk just went to tell the Wireless people that we're gone for the rest of the day. And they really couldn't be arsed to walk to the car, so I said I'd just drive to the front of the Park.'

'Okay, thanks.' I smiled and nodded, leaning back in my seta and buckling my belt.

Simon switched his car on and reversed out of the parking space before speeding out of the area and back to the Park. 

We arrived at the entrance where JJ, Josh, and Vikk were waiting, and they all piled into the car, complaining to Simon about how long he took. 

'Fam- look at your leg!' JJ exclaimed when he turned around to greet me. I looked across the seats to see my leg was slightly swollen in areas, and was bruising pretty badly. Just to be safe- I also checked my wrist. It was certainly more swollen, and was only a bit bruised. I shuffled around and realised how much pain I felt in my wrist.

'Do you need to go to hospital?' Simon asked, concerned.

'I seriously doubt that I do.' I thought out loud. 'But I don't know whether I should go to be safe or just leave it. I don't want to waste any nurse's or doctor's time if it's nothing, but if I don't go, then I'll probably just worsen it.'

'Just go to the hospital- but before you do, can you take us to the house?' Vikk asked.

'Okay.' Simon nodded.

He put his foot on the accelerator, and took us back to the house. The drive was honestly quite mundane. I couldn't be bothered to go on my phone, so I just stared out of the window the majority of the time, listening to the occasional comment or short conversation the others had with one another.

'Alright, get out, then.' Simon told everyone in the car once we were home. Vikk and Josh got out. 'JJ, we're home.' Simon stated the obvious to JJ, who didn't budge.

'I know, but I want to come.' JJ stated back. 'I don't really have anything to do in the house, and I want to see what happens.'

'Okay.' Simon shrugged. 'You okay with JJ coming?' Simon questioned me.

'Oh yeah, sure.' I said, snapped out of my random thoughts. 'As long as he's happy to come.'

Simon reversed back out of the drive and drove along the road, on the way to one of the hospitals. I listened to JJ and Simon random conversation for a few minutes, before closing my eyes and leaning on the car door. I propped my head up on my non-injured wrist and closed my eyes, yawning and dozing off.

...

'Yep, yep, I'm up.' I announced after JJ had called my name about fifteen times.

'Great, because we're at the hospital.' Simon informed me.

'I mean this with the best intentions- but no shit, Sherlock.' I commented, trying not to sound too sarcastic. 'But thanks for driving.'

'It's calm.' Simon said. 'Anyways, let's just go.'