Chapter 56

I started by walking up to the bar area. Nothing wrong with a little drink to get it going. 

'Hey, can I have a pina colada?' I asked the guy behind the bar.

'ID?' He asked.

'Crap.' I ran a hand through my hair. 'I forgot to bring it.'

'Sorry, then.' He finished, going back to watching whatever was playing on the smal TV screen behind the counter. 

'Can I just have a fruit shoot, then?' I mumbled. 

'We aren't MacDonalds that we have kid's drinks.' He shook his head, not looking away from the screen. 

I blushed slightly before walking away, and back to the first roller coaster we had seen. The one that Tydus was too short to go on.

The ride was bareren apart from the workers, and a woman. The woman looked like she was in her early twenties, and tattoos running up and down her arms and what was visible of her upper chest. Her hair was messy, wavy and brown, but looked like it had been dyed a faded purple colour. Her nose was narrow along the top but flared out around the bottom, giving me the impression she was from a foreign country. Her eyebrows were dark, and pencilled in a fierce, arched shape- and her eyes were a stormy grey-blue colour, and decorated with mascara and dark eyeshadow. Her lips were light pink plump- but not like she had gotten any kind of surgery. She wore a black spaghetti strap top made of a ribbed material, and wore it with a pair of leather pants and long black combat boots.

'Can I go on the ride?' I asked the smiley female worker.

'Of course!' She smiled. 'Just take a seat by the other woman, strap in, and enjoy the ride.'

I was slightly scared to sit by the other woman. She looked kid of scary- not serial killer scary- just I-don't-want-to-approach, because I'm scared I'll do something stupid and they'll laugh. Basically a rewind of high school.

None the less, I took a seat by the woman.

'Hi.' I smiled.

'Hey.' She said. She smiled and looked me up and down, before her eyes met mine again. I noticed that as soon as she smiled, her eyes no longer looked stormy- and instead they looked like a beautiful, clear blue sky.

'I'm Addie.' I introduced over the intercom, which was giving blatantly obvious instructions which directed people to stay safe.

'I'm Roxy.' She shook my hand.

'So are- AHH!' I started. The ride suddenly took off at sixty eight miles per hour, making me scream. She laughed besides me, throwing her hands up and laughing.

We looped around the ride, going in 360 degree wheels and twists, even riding upside down at one point!

I panted as the ride stopped, laughing nervously and tying my hair up behind me. Something I should've done before going on the ride.

'That was wack as fuck.' Roxy stated besides me, laughing at my shocked expression.

'I-I know.' I giggled a little through the nervousness.

'Want to go again?' She asked.

'Fuck it- sure.' I said. The worker to the side heard that, and pushed a lever which sent us spiralling around the roller coaster all over again. 

My long hair whipped around my face despite being tied up, as I screamed and listened to Roxy laughing joyously besides me. I threw my arms up with Roxy and laughed as we went down a drop.

At the end, we stepped off the cart and looked at each other once before we started laughing at nothing. 

'Hey, want to go on this ride El Toro?' Roxy asked. 'I heard it goes at seventy miles per hour and held a record for having the steepest drop.'