Chapter 5

"Well, before I decided to pursue med as my career, there's a lot of dreams I get myself into," I started.

"When I was in elementary I wanted to be a public figure, an artist to be exact. 'Di ko alam kung saan ako kumuha ng kapal ng mukha noon para magpakitang gilas tuwing may event sa schools." I laughed as I reminisce those memories.

"Then when I get into high school medyo nahimasmasan na ako ng kahihiyan kaya kinalimutan ko na yung pangarap kong mag artista, I realized gusto ko na lang palang yumaman"

"That's why I thought of becoming an entrepreneur, though I still find that dream shallow. After all, I'm not really fond of math."

"And then we were required to join a club, and from there, I discovered that I'm good with words and doing essays, articles, papers, and such. And so I've thought, why not pursue journalism or anything that connects with writing?" I said and shrugged.

"But then, something—" I sigh as I remember those memories.

***

"Ma, alis na ako," Paalam ko at kinuha yung perang nasa mesa at bag ko. I'm on my last year of high school kaya naman nagsisimula narin akong ayusin mga papers ko para sa college application kahit medyo lito pa ako kung anong kukunin ko, kung accountancy ba gaya ni Papa o journalism.

"P-Pwede paabot m-muna.. Tubig," Sabi ni Mama habang nakahawak sa dibdib niya. I was confused for a moment since abot kamay niya lang yung pitchel sa countertop. I walked near her and hand the glass of water.

After I gave her the water she asked for, I turned my back and was about to continue leaving—but then a sound of broken glass made me glance back again.

I saw my Mom holding onto the countertop while having difficulty breathing. I immediately ran to her and asked if she was okay. I swept the broken glass with my hands and helped Mom sit on the floor.

I'm starting to panic because I don't know what to do. Should I do CPR?

"Ma, hold on, hahanap lang ako ng tulong," I said. My vision is getting blurry. Who should I call? I don't have any emergency number with me.

Mabilis akong tumakbo sa kapit-bahay namin, I can't compose any words. I'm too occupied with my emotions. I just ended up crying while pointing at our house. Everything went so fast.

Nandito ako ngayon sa labas ng emergency room hinihintay kung ano na nangyari kay Mama. After they sent us here, the chairman and our neighbor get back to their homes leaving me here alone.

The emergency area looks chaotic. Many patients are rushed time after time, and there are also people crying on the sides.

The doctors and nurses walk fast and attend to every patient being rushed. They can't even sit because another set will arrive after they attend to one patient.

The Verdict Remedyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें