Chapter 9

Anong gagawin ko? Bakit ba kasi 'di ko muna chineck bago magsend. Ano idadahilan ko rito potek. Ubos narin naman dignidad ko sakanya, ano pa ikakahiya ko.

Amara: Participate naman kasi.

Claude: How so?

Amara: Ayan ka na naman. Palagpasin mo naman yung chat mo sa dalawang words.

Claude: Fine, I'll try.

Amara: Literal na lagpas sa dalawa nga.

Amara: Since you aspire to be a public servant, you should know how to communicate or entertain people to get their votes.

Amara: Naiimagine ko tuloy pag nangampanya ka na. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Claude: I'll run to serve and lead, not to make myself a hell out of clown.

Claude: One of the reasons why the government is in misery is because people tend to choose candidates out of fame.

Claude: They rather have the former entertainers in position than an aspiring candidate with a good track of credential records and moral excellence.

Claude: But what makes things worse is that out of desperation, some aspiring candidates turn back on their principle and choose to change to ride with the clout of those in power.

Amara: Malay mo naman, one day mamulat rin mga tao.

Claude: I don't think so, at least for now.

Amara: Stop being a pessimist, will you.

Claude: I'm just being honest.

Amara: 'Di ka naniniwalang pwedeng magbago ang sistema?

Claude: I said,' at least for now.'

Amara: What makes it different.

Claude: Your perception of life is too idealistic. You need more time to be ready for a meaningful discourse of reality.

Amara: Is being idealistic a bad thing?

Claude: Somehow? But I prefer you to remain that way.

Amara: You're making me feel that being idealistic makes me ignorant, yet you want me to remain that way. How is that?

Claude: Being idealistic makes you keep dreaming of beautiful yet impossible things.

Claude: You're too pure and fragile for this reality.

I was about to reply when my phone shut down. What the hell! I immediately grab my charger. Bakit kasi 'di ko chinarge potek! Ayun na eh. After a few minutes, I opened my phone and looked for our message conversation.

Claude: Still there?

Claude: Did I offend you? I'm sorry

Claude: But it's not what I meant.

Claude: I prefer you remain idealistic because your perception of things in life convinces me that humanity could still be better.

Claude: You're so innocent, naive, and full of dreams. Your ideals make me believe that there is hope in every struggle.

Claude: Good night.

That was his last reply, naka offline na siya. Gusto ko na lang maiyak sa inis. Bakit kasi 'di ko rin naisipang magcharge. Ano sasabihin ko slr? Epal talagang cellphone 'to.