Chapter 12

"How's school?" I said and sipped on my mango shake. We decided to stop at the nearby food park here in Metro.

"Still well," He answered, cutting the steak he had brought.

"How so?"

"My recits are well?" He answered with hesitation, which made me chuckle.

"I should've asked how your day went,"

"Nothing really special, just read, eat, recit, and digest," He said and shrugged before smiling at me.

"Sana all may recit," He shook his head while biting his lips. For some reason, my heart is beating fast again. Patay na patay self?

"Hmm, After you argue with my groupmate, you're telling me you're not taking recits,"

"Well 'di naman mahilig sa recit program namin, mostly research and reports lang kami, pag lecture naman sa dulo lang nagtatanong and usually kami yung magtatanong not them."

"Nakakatikim lang ata kami ng recit pag ginigisa sa reporting," I said and laugh, he shook his head and chuckled.

"Paanong digest? Digestive system lang amin ehh," I said and laugh. He bit his lips again to control his laugh. Sino ba kasing pumupigil tumawa sakanya amp.

"We have to read the articles, laws, and cases, then create a written summary including the important details like facts, issues, decisions, reasoning, analysis, and such," He answered.

"Akala ko puro debate kayo,"

"We must read to collect facts we could use during a debate. The debate wasn't made for a savage clap back or degrading the idea of another. Instead, it is a formal discussion of two opposing ideas that aim to create arguments that align with logical and rational reasoning," He answered and sipped on his juice.

"Di ko naman sana papatulan kagroup mo kung 'di lang dinedebunk idea ng study namin ehh," I said.

"Sabihin mo lang kung may galit ka, 'di yung nagpaparinig ka," I added as joke, he was caught off guard, which made him cough before laughing.

"I didn't realize that," He said, then chuckled again.

"But then, considering the nature of your field, your perception of debate includes debunking other ideas like what happened to prove natural selection, so I can't blame you,"

"Tsaka 'di naman ako nagsimula ehh," Bulong ko at kumuha ng fries para kainin.

"Both studies are different from one another. Mich was just too competitive to take kapitana's challenge."

"She's too engaged that she didn't realize that her arguments are starting to be invalid and create a loophole that would be used against her."