Chapter 10

He's driving the car quietly. I am figuring out what's on his mind or where we are heading. I keep myself busy by looking out the window and watching the establishments we are passing by.

"Where are we going?" Tanong niya, napatingin naman ako sa kanya. Anong sasabihin ko? 'Di ko rin alam kung saan ehh. 'Di ko nga alam kung anong pumasok sa isip ko ba't ko siya inaya rito.

"Diretso mo na lang,"

"We're heading to a mall," He said. I looked at the way, oo nga. Mula dito tanaw ko na ang malaking globo ng mall. I just nod at him and take over the directions until we get in the sea side. Wala na masyadong tao, and the near restaurants are now closed. Anong oras narin kasi.

We're like an outcast with our attire. Buti na lang wala naring mga tao, after all sa pinakadulo na ata 'to kaya wala nang nagtyatyagang lumakad papunta rito. I pull myself up to sit in the barrier of the sea side. I looked at Claude and he just followed me.

He took off his coat and handed it over to me. His actions took me aback, but I just got it and covered it on my lap. Silence enveloped us once again.

"Why are we here?" He asked, breaking the silence between us.

"Give your mind the peace it deserves?" I answered and looked at him. I met his charcoal eyes once again. This time it's vivid since he's not wearing glasses. He gave a faint smile, and my heart started beating fast again. Damn! Fix yourself.

"Have yourself time to reflect and re-direct with your principles, don't let him dictate who you are going to be,"

"You heard," He said and looked down at the rocks.

"I-I didn't mean to eavesdrop, B-but, let's just forget about it," I said, looking at the sea moving towards us.

"I don't mind it," He replied while looking at the sea.

"By the way, How did you get there?" He asked out of the blue

"I was about to go home." I casually answered, ignoring my heart, which was now beating fast.

"Well, Luke invited me, I didn't even know it was your birthday, kung alam ko lang—" 'di sana ako sasama.

"If you know, then what?" He asked, but I just shrugged and smiled before looking back at sea before us.

"You look good in your dress,"

I looked at my white-laced dress. I somehow feel conscious. That's why I wear the coat in my arms, which covers my front dress.

"Perfectly fits your name, Cassiel," He said. What is he doing?

"By the way, I haven't greeted you yet," I said to shift the mood. I opened my purse and saw the cupcake I had brought from home. I put down the coat on my lap and opened the cheesecake. I handled it with my two hands as if it were a cake.