Chapter 16

"I... I won't proceed to med school," She answered with a smile, but a tear started to drop from her eyes.

"W-What..Why?" Wala sa sariling tanong ko habang nakatingin sakanya. She lift her head up while laughing and wiped her tears then looked at us again.

"Cause I had to," She said and just shrugged.

"What do you mean by that?" Nagtatakang tanong ni Marion.

"My parents can't support me with the med school expenses," She casually answered as if she was a different person from a while ago.

"Scholarship, We can find one," I said, which sounded desperate.

"I also need to support my siblings,"

"Then we'll also find a scholarship for your siblings," Sagot ni Marion.

"Marion, stop. I have accepted my fate as the eldest in the family... They need me," She answered with a smile and held Marion's hand.

"Children weren't made to continue it's parent's responsibility. You are not a retirement plan," Sagot ni Marion.

"It only applies to those privilege and those parents who value the essence of family planning and life insurance," She jokingly said. Still, it only sounded like a sour remark.

"What about your dreams?" I asked, which made her stop and heave a deep sigh.

"Continue with the journey, our path may take a different route, but I still believe I'll be happy with whatever decisions I would take," She sincerely said.

"You know what? This is bullshit. Can you, at least for once, stop hiding your pain with that humor of yours," Marion aggressively said.

"Saating tatlo ikaw yung pinakasigurado sa gusto mo, ikaw yung pinakadesidido na pumasok ng med school, so stop telling us that it's fine when it's not," Marion continued and a tear escaped her eyes.

"I'll help you find a scholarship, or I'll tell my parents to establish some scholarship with allowances for you and your siblings,"

"You're mad because I'm taking my parents' responsibility and here you are trying to take the responsibility for us, that's irony, really?" Clara casually said.

"I've made my decision," Clara said and sighed.

"I will take a LET together with Matt, I'll be teaching the secondary education level, I applied for intern sa University na pinapasukan ng tita ko, roon ako mag O-OJT and baka roon narin ako magturo,"

"I'm sorry for keeping this thing. Dahil alam ko na 'di niyo ko tatantanan hangga't 'di niyo ako nakukumbinsi," Clara said and laughed it off. So she planned this things ahead? No one saw this coming. None of us find it out.