Chapter 34

"You're here. I'm sorry I weren't able to ask for a divider yet, I got too busy," Sabi ni Dr. Ocampo habang nakatingin saakin. I nod at him, look at the woman following me, then get my look at Dr. Ocampo again.

"I didn't expect you to come, so I didn't notify them. By the way, she's an attending cardiothoracic surgeon here, so it's fine," Sabi niya roon sa babaeng malapit skin.

I looked at the girl. She had pale skin, long straight hair, and almond eyes... Like mine, but what's made it different is that hers radiates the life I once had.

"On behalf of my secretary, pasensya kung nakaabala man siya," Claude said while looking at me. The next thing is the room is filled with silence.

"Balik na ako, pasensya na talaga, don't worry I'll ask someone to fix this divider," Pagbasag ni Dr. Ocampo sa katahimikan. I immediately took off my sight and proceed with the papers on my desk.

I can still feel his eyes looking at me but I just acted like it was nothing and proceed to what I'm doing. Ilang sandali lamang ay umalis narin yung babae at muli nang sinara yung telang pinakanaghahati sa dalawang kwarto.

I was scanning Clara's paper when my phone rang so loudly. I answer it and put it on loudspeaker since I'm busy editing the paper.

"Kkangpae~" Jae teased as soon as I picked up the call.

"Sikkeureowo," I boredly answered

"What do you want?" I asked while still focusing on the computer.

"I should be the one who's asking you that. I woke up with 8 missed calls from you—" He asked.

"That was only 5," Sagot ko.

"Tss. Just tell me if you miss me," He mocked, then laughed, but I just rolled my eyes. As if.

He knows very well how to annoy me.

"So what is it that you want?" He asked now in a serious manner.

"About the research, you once proposed. Is it still available?" I asked.

"Are you serious? The last time we talked about it, you opposed this due to the discrepancy of some previous studies regarding the objectives," He answered.

"I want to leave—"

"Thank you, Doc for today," Rinig kong sabi ni Claude mula sa kabilang parte dahilan para mapatigil ako sa dapat na sasabihin ko. FUDGE! Did they hear me? Of course stupid! How can I forget that I'm not the only one here.

Agad kong pinatay ang cellphone at umaktong walang nangyari. Nahagip ng mata kong hinatid sila papalabas ni Dr. Ocampo. Nang kami nalamang ang natira ay roon lamang ako nagsalita.