Epilogue [Part I]

"Dad, where are you? We're on our way to the cemetery. Tito Matt picked me up from school," Casper said from the other line.

"The meeting just ended. I'm here at the flower shop—" My words were cut off when the florist returned.

"Here's the flower you ordered, sir. Thank you, may you have a great day," The florist said and handed me the flowers she had arranged from the pot, following my request.

"Thanks," Sagot ko at kinuha ang mga bulaklak para ilagay sa likod ng sasakyan.

"I'll get going. I'll hang this up,"

"Ingat, Dad," He said before hanging up the call. I just came from the meeting, and now I'm going to the cemetery for the death anniversary.

I was still waiting for the stop lights to turn green when my eyes caught the grandeur exterior of the museum. Years have passed, but the memories are still crystal clear as if only yesterday.

***

I'm at the museum as part of my minor subject compliance. This subject should have been taken during 2nd year of college, but then I decided to start my business venture in my 2nd year, which made me cut off some of my G.E. sub, including this.

After managing and securing my venture, I'm taking complete and added loads of units to graduate. After all, I promised my Mom that I won't neglect my education and put my privileges to waste.

I get my phone in my pocket. I was reading some cases for my major subject when I overheard a conversation from a group at the corner.

"Taray, sino po kayo?"

"Ako 'to si Amara, tanga," A voice of a girl. I remain my eyes on my phone, trying to focus on the reading, but then I can't just unhear their loud remarks.

"Ahh, yung dahilan kaya ngayon lang natin natake yung subject na 'to, imbis na major na lang sub natin," A voice of a man complaining.

"Ba't kasalanan ko bang limited slot lang yung offer?"

"Hindi, pero ang bagal mo magdesisyon ng subject,"

"Malay ko bang palpak yung system, tsaka sadyang wala rin talagang offer na art app last 2 sems,"

"Tsaka 'tong si Clara nagsabi na sa 3rd year na lang kunin 'tong sub kasi lagi namang inooffer sabi nung mga senior nun,"

"Lagi naman talagang inooffer 'to, last year lang halt gawa ng issue ng corruption sa art dept," A conversation caught my attention, but I remained on the phone while my ears were attentive to them.

"Baka naman, pahigop ng tsaa,"