Chapter 3

"Shutang ina. 'di kami nakapalag dun, dzai," Exaggerated na sabi ni Clara habang pinapaypayan pa ang sarili.

Narito kami ngayon sa isang fast food chain after getting permission from the University to allow us to research and use their athlete as our subject.

"Sabihin mo nga paano kami pumayag dito?" Tanong ni Marion habang nakahalukipkip pa, I recall what did just happen earlier.

***

"Honestly, I find your study interesting." The President of the University said after we presented our proposal for our research.

"Identifying if it is effective or only a placebo effect that makes it work," She continued while scanning the proposal paper we were preparing.

"And yes, this study can give us insight that could help for the betterment of our athletes." She said while smiling.

"I can't deny that your university is indeed good at producing research mandated by good and competitive researchers," She said while smiling. Not long after, she looked at us again with her forehead creased.

"Although your university has its own sets of athletes, why do you still want to conduct your study with ours?" The president asked that caught us off guard. The girls just looked at me, waiting for my answer.

"Well, we will also conduct the study with our athletes. After all, the more subjects to study, the more precise result we could get," I answered and gave her a soft smile. From the corner of my eyes, I can see the confused look of the three girls.

***

"ANO SUMAGOT KAAAAAA!!!" Sabi ni Bless habang inaalog pa ako.

"Kasi lahams niyo ko?" I hesitantly answered and gave them a big smile, shaping my eyes like a small crescent moon.

"HEOL!" Asik ni Clara, epekto ng kanonood ng k-drama.

"TANGINA?" Bless utter and looked so devastated. I hug her and laugh it out.

"Shuta ka! Anong the more subjects, the better result? The more subject the complicated it gets yun shuta," Reklamo ni Marion na tinawanan ko na lang.

"Bakit! Ako naman bagsakan ng paperworks ahh. Ok lang yan. Suportahan niyo na lang ako sa kagagahan ko," I said and burst a laughter, they just look at me ridiculously.

***

After collecting the athlete's data, we grouped them into their respective variables and control group. Since our research is quantitative experimental, we have control over the situation. We aim to identify the cause-and-effect relationship between variables and distinguish placebo effects from treatment effects.

The least thing we could do to control the research is to narrow our topic. That's why we ended up focusing on the athlete of the basketball team since they are the ones who use more muscle movement while playing.