Ch-42 A New Mission

After Magic Class, Teach told us to meet him after the classes end.

Now that all the classes have ended, the four of us are headed to meet him.

|| I can't believe Mr. Devour personally called us.
Kuril said with a lot of excitement. Kuril was like a total fangirl. Teach is her idol and inspiration so it was a dream come true for her to be able to meet him.

|| Yes I know, right?
Cirun said with excitement though it was some level was below Kuril's.

We reached our destination. It was Teach's office. It was a very big office with many bookshelves filled with all types of books. There was a big desk near a big window and the chair was placed such that the back is towards the window. Besides this, there were also two couch and a tea table to serve guests or for leisure.

|| Oh, you four have arrived.
He said as we entered the room

|| Yes.
Though Michi and I said in normal voice Kuril and Cirun said in a little too loud, it's because they are very nervous.

|| Well first sir down you four and then we can continue our talk.

We sat in the couch, Teach bought a tea set and prepared tea for all of us. Teach loved tea and it was his hobby to prepare tea though he can't do it in front of important guests he can be free in front of us.

We all took a cup, Kuril and Cirun were hesitant at first but they took a cup. We all took a sip and then Teach started talking.

|| First of all congratulations to all of you to enter The Royal Academy.

|| Teach, don't you think it's a little bit late for it.
I said sarcastically

|| Come on, it better late than never.

|| Well, thanks

|| Yeah, thanks Mr. Devour.
Cirun and Kuril said together.

|| Haha, no need to be nervous. And don't call me Mr. Devour, it's very formal and makes me feel like an old man. Call me Teach like Al.

I getting some Deja Vu here.

|| Yes... Teach.
They were a little hesitant at first but they were a little comfortable after a while.

|| Now onto the main topic

Suddenly the atmosphere was all serious. Everyone was quiet.

|| I want you all to do a task for me during the Competition of survival.

|| What!
We all said at the same time.

|| I want you to explore an ancient ruin.

|| Explore an Ancient Ruin?
I asked as to what he meant by that

|| Last year some students found an ancient rune in the forest where Completion of Survival is held. They said that they went and came out after an hour but they didn't remember anything that happened inside the ruin.

|| Then, did they went in again.

|| No. According to them, after they came out even though they were curious as to what is inside, they just returned without checking it one more time. It was like some external force was controlling them.

|| Mr.- Teach could it be some sort of magic.
Kuril said

|| Yes, Kuril, we think that inside the Ruin, there is some type of test, only a person worthy enough to pass it can get to the secrets inside the Ruin while those who fail get their memories erased.

|| But then, why you are sending us, I mean there are many people in the academy far stronger than us.

Everybody nodded in agreement with my statement.

|| Well, we did try it. Remember Al, last year I visited the Capital City for some work.

|| Yes, I remember it.

|| I came here at that time to explore this Ruin but when we tried to enter it we were blocked by a barrier.

|| A barrier?
We all said together because creating a barrier is not an easy task.

|| Yes, and that barrier for some reason was blocking us from entering it. We tried to break it but we failed.

|| But those students were able to enter easily.

|| Yes, and we think is that the barrier only allows those people to enter who fulfills some requirements.

|| Requirements?

|| Yes, according to our research some requirements need to be fulfilled to enter the ruin and for now we are only able to find two of them. The first one is that only those with age 13 or less can enter. And second is that he must be someone who hasn't entered already. Following these requirements, we did send some students.

|| And they didn't found anything as well.

|| Yes, they also don't remember anything about what happened inside.

|| And that's why you asked us to help you with this.
I said

|| Yes, but it is not forced off course. If you don't want to then we will not force you.

|| Sir I have a question?
Kuril asked.

|| Go ahead.

|| Sir if are searching the Ruin then wouldn't it affect our ranking. I mean we won't have time to earn points.

|| Don't worry about that. The competition of Survival takes place for a week and it will only take one day at most to explore the Ancient Ruin. So it will easy for you to gain a good ranking in the remaining six days. Now you four decide whether or not you will accept this request.

We discussed it for a while and came to a decision.

|| Teach, we accept this request.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Author's Note:-  Yeah so a Ruin Exploration arc is coming soon. Hope you are excited about it.

And as always, thanks for reading this chapter if you liked it then don't forget to vote it and share it with your friends and do tell me your thought on this story in the comment section down below and I will meet you next Sunday with a new chapter.