𝟎𝟒𝟒

JIAO HANDED HER CLUTCH TO Kiaria as she confidently strutted towards the grand piano that was only mere inches away from her. Although it had been a while since Jiao had practiced the piano piece she and Miss Zhaung had worked on for the beauty pageant, she still knew the melody and notes by heart and she knew she could still play it.

As Jiao allowed her fingers to slowly flow over the piano keys, she smiled at the familiar melody that filled her ears. Jiao could feel all eyes on her, some were of shock, while some were of delight. Some were even jealous, but Jiao ignored them and instead began quoting one of her favorite quotes from her biggest inspiration.

"As Aubrey Hepburn once said, 'the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way that she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives and the passion she shows. And the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years." she quoted.

When Jiao was finished with her piano piece, she took her hands off the grand piano and turned to Si's mom, "Growth is painful and so is change, but you want to know what I think is more painful? Staying stuck somewhere you don't belong. Staying somewhere where you feel you don't belong isn't a great feeling and the only way you can change that perception is to change the way you think or the things you do." she went on.

Jiao looked at the grand piano with a small smile, "Change can be both beautiful and scary at the same time. You can be hurting and wondering what tomorrow will bring, but you can also be healing and happy. Sometimes, it's best not to question why you're feeling this way, but instead experience all of the emotions change is bringing. Change can be a beautiful but scary process. But at the end of the day, with change, we have a chance to start over." Jiao said and when she was finished with her little explanation she turned back to Si's mom but this time, she had more of a carefree look.

"Sure I might belong to a rich family and have all these amazing talents, but at the end of the day I'm just a normal human like you. Whether my parents are successful when it comes to the business world or the family I come from are upper classed, it doesn't define who I am. I'm just Jiao. Your son likes me for who I am, and his friends also like me for who I am. They don't care who's daughter I am or which family I belong to. So if me being myself is enough for them, don't you think that should be enough for you?" she asked with a challenging glint in her eyes and for a moment it was just silence. Nobody dared to say or even do anything.

While F4, Kun, Shancai, Kiaria and Jiaos sister stared at Jiao with a proud look for being blunt with Si's mom like that, his mom continued to stare at Jiao with an intrigued look. By the looks she was getting from Si's mom, Jiao was sure she really disliked her now, however all of those thoughts vanished from Jiao's mind when Si's mom let out a small chuckle.

"Your friend has an interesting upbringing Si. She's alot like Kwon Sua - strong willed, confident, honest and wise. So it's no surprise that I already like the way you think." she said and she gave Jiao a smile, one that was actually genuine and not fake like the one she gave previously.

"You're actually one of the few that I believe will be suitable for my son, which's why I approve." she said as she took a step towards Jiao, "Good luck Kwon Jiao." She whispered only loud enough for Jiao to hear and when that was done, she turned around and walked away to finish whatever business she had been occupied with before that whole scene took place.

When Jiao saw Si's mom had disappeared into the crowd, she smiled at the words she'd heard from her. She approved and she liked her. She actually liked Jiao and accepted her for who she was. Maybe coming to this party wasn't such a bad idea after all.