𝟎𝟎𝟏

"Jiao how long are you going to take? we're running late!"

THE DAY HAD FINALLY ARRIVED for Jiao and Kiaria, their first day at Mingde. Though it wasn't really Kiarias' 'first day' given that she was a sophomore, so she was kind of just returning from the break, it was Jiaos first day. However, she wasn't nervous, surprisingly. Which was odd, given that whenever she was unprepared for something big or new, she'd always be nervous, breaking off into sweats or what not.

It could've been because Jiao technically wasn't going to be alone, given that Kiaria would be by her side. But either way, Jiao couldn't wait to start the day. It's why she was also taking her sweet precious time, despite how late the Kwons were currently running.

Grabbing her catalogues, Jiao headed downstairs and the soft sound of her black Louis Vuitton heels made her presence be known to the other Kwons, and Lai.

"Took you long enough," Ayame mumbled before plugging in her headphones.

The brunette swiftly apologized to her before turning to grab her morning coffee, in hopes that it would help boost her energy due to the lack of sleep she had gotten the previous night, and followed behind her sisters and cousin, as they exited the door to their apartment. 

As the four girls sat in their cousins car, now settling themselves for the long ride that awaited them, Jiao decided to make note of everything she had. Hopefully she hadn't let anything important behind.

Books? Check. Bag? Check. Morning coffee? Check. Phone? Phone?

When Jiao realized that she didn't have her phone on her, she began to silently panic. Could she have possibly left her phone at home or something? She frantically searched through her purse before sighing in relief upon seeing a familiar shape that was in her favorite color, rose gold.

Jiao was about to continue with her list when her youngest sister Meili interrupted.

"Guys, I was just wondering something," hearing the youngest Kwon begin to chat caused everyone to turn their heads towards her.

"Did mom call? She said she would before we left for our first day to wish us some luck." the fifteen year old asked softly as she played with her fingers to distract her pacing heart.

Ayame didn't say anything and instead sighed as she rested her head on the window, which is something she always did when she wanted to circumvent having a conversation she wasn't comfortable having. Kiaria gulped and bit her lower lip before focusing on the road ahead of her, making it clear that she wasn't going to respond either.

Looks like it would be up to Jiao now.

Meili took the silence as an indication. "I knew it-" She began, but was then interrupted by Jiao.

"Of course she did." She lied and the younger Kwon widened her eyes.

"She did?" she asked and the brunette nodded, before continuing on with her lie, "Yes she did. You were actually in the shower at the time," she added hoping for the lie to be convincing enough, given that she was actually a horrible liar, and could easily be caught.

Meili seemed to have surprisingly bought the lie though because after hearing those words, her face lit up, "Really, what did she say?"