𝟎𝟐𝟖

JIAO STARED AT THE WOMAN before her with a baffled look. She was Daoming Si's sister? How did she just realize this and more importantly, why was she still standing there? She had to get out of that place before she ran into Kun or worse, Si!

"Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost." The woman asked after noticing the horrified look on Jiao's face."

When Miss Zhaung didn't hear a response from Jiao, she heaved out a heavy sigh and grabbed her wrist once again before dragging her to a familiar room, "Come on, let's get you treated. Mr Lieu, I'm back!" she shouted.

Jiao didn't know how to react to the news she was told. How could this woman possibly be related to Si? More importantly, what was she still doing in that place? She needed to get out of there before she ran into Si.

Jiao was about to say something when she heard the loud sound of footsteps approaching the room they were currently in. Jiao cringed and quickly turned around in an attempt to shield her face.

Jiao thought for sure it was Si and that she was done for, however to her relief, it turned out to be none other then the housekeeper Mr.Lieu,

"Miss, Zhaung welcome back." The old man smiled at Miss Zhaung.

Although Jiao didn't turn around she could feel his eyes trailing on her back, "Miss Jiao?" The man asked, but Jiao remained quiet.

Miss Zhaung on the other hand, turned to Jiao before glancing back at Mr. Lieu with a curious look, "You know her?"

He nodded,"Miss Jiao goes to the same school as Si and Kun. She's also a really good friend of Kuns." he explained.

Miss Zhaung chuckled, "What a coincidence. Then I guess there's no need to be awkward." she turned back to Mr. Lieu with a stern look,
"Mr. Lieu, bring me the first aid kit and call Si and Kun to greet her."

That was the last straw. When Jiao heard those words come out of Miss Zhaungs mouth she finally came to her senses and realized the situation she was in. She had to act quickly before she really ran into Si this time.

Jiao turned to the two with a flustered look, "No! - I just realized. I left my-um oven on- yes I have to go-"

Jiao didn't know what to think or how to respond, she didn't have time, all she knew was that she needed to get out of that place.

Jiao turned around to run out of that place when a hand grabbed hers, again. Jiao sighed and turned to Miss Zhaung with a disappointed look.

"No need. Mr. Lieu cleaned her wound."

"But-!" she began but Miss Zhaung didn't let her finish her sentence.

She crossed her arms over her chest in annoyance, "I don't think you understand the way it works here. Listen, around here, everybody listens to me. So it would be in my great interest if you did the same."

Jiao sighed, looking like she really couldn't do anything but let Miss Zhaung treat her wound so she could get out of that place as soon as she possibly could.

"This way." Mr Lieu said as he guided her though the empty corridors.

When the two finally came to a stop, Jiao found herself plopping herself on a familiar bed in a familiar guest room,

"Miss Zhaung needs to run some errands so she'll be here soon. In the meantime, you may get yourself settled." Mr Lieu informed her before turning around and leaving the room.

Jiao sat in her spot for a moment, making sure that Mr. Lieu and Miss Zhaung were nowhere in sight before jumping on her feet and slowly exiting the room.