𝟎𝟏𝟔

JIAO SAT IN FRONT OF the mirror attached to her dresser and stared at the reflection before her. The day of Jing's birthday party had finally arrived and Jiao couldn't be more nervous. It had been a week since the incident that occurred at the rooftop, and practically everyone in Mingde was aware of it. Many rumors and speculations were made about Jiao, some were close to what went down, while some were pretty far off.

Not many knew what had happened that day, all that anyone knew was that the introverted Lee Kun and the big bad Daoming Si got into a fight over Kwon Jiao. The only people who know about what went down were Ximen, Kiaria and Meizuo-who in the heat of the moment had managed to break apart the brawl between Si and Kun.

Ever since then, Jiao had tried her very best to avoid the two, especially Si. She still didn't know what had happened that day or why he had been so upset, but all she knew was that if Kun hadn't shown up, then something bad would've happened to her. Jiao didn't want to avoid Kun, he hadn't done anything wrong, he had saved her from experiencing something horrible, but Jiao just didn't know what was going on with her or how she was feeling.

She just wanted a break from everything and had some time for herself to think. It was hard to avoid Kun since he was her seatmate and partner for their upcoming art project, but it wasn't impossible. As for Si, she had only seen him once after the incident and that was when she was strolling around the school, but with Shancai being by her side during that moment, she had also managed to avoid him.

"Oh my god, that Daoming Si did that to you?"

Jiao hesitantly nodded as she stared at her sisters and friends' reactions. Because Kiaria, Shancai, Xiaoyou and her sisters were going to be attending Jings' birthday party, they ended up getting ready at Jiaos place. Jiao didn't want to tell them of the events that had occurred on the rooftop, but because practically everyone already knew about them including her sisters and friends, and because she was nervous to see the very people she was trying to avoid, she ended up telling them everything.

"What a psycho," Ayame muttered, cringing over the events she had just been informed of.

"But why?" Xiaoyou asked, genuinely confused. Jiao shrugged her shoulders unsure of how to respond since she still didn't know what it was that got him so riled up.

"But Ji, he seemed fine when the two of you caught squid that day, right?"

"I know I'm confused too. One second he's stealing my flats and being all stupid about it and then the next he turns into a psycho."

"Wow, that boy and his mood swings," Shancai muttered.

"I know. I still get chills every time I think about the incident. I don't know what would've happened if Kun hadn't shown up."

"I think we all have a pretty good idea what would've happened if he hadn't shown up." Meili quietly muttered, shivering at the thought.

For a while everyone went quiet as they continued to get ready, unaware of what to say next, until Xiaoyou spoke up.

"So then what happened?" she asked.

"Nothing. I've been avoiding them both by going to school really early and coming home straight after. So far I think I've done an okay job."

"But," Shancai trailed, "What about Jing's party?"

"You'll probably see him there," Kiaria added.

"I know, I was worried about that too."

"It's fine, there will be lots of people so just pretend you don't see him." Xiaoyou smiled.

"That's all I can do." Jiao frowned.