𝟎𝟒𝟐

JIAO WAS RELEASED FROM THE hospital much sooner then she had expected she would. After waking up, she had only stayed in the hospital for a couple more hours and had herself checked up and scanned to make sure she was alright, before she was free to go. Thanks to Si, Jiao had only received a small cut on her right cheek and the back of her head from the chair that hit her. But he had suffered much more than her and had even broken some bones so much that he had to stay in the hospital much longer then she had to.

Because Jiao felt bad, she visited him from time to time and checked on him to make him feel better and less alone. Even though she had been angry about the prank he pulled on her, she soon let it go after realizing it wasn't his intention to make her cry. Jiao visited him regularly and even brought him some baked sweets when she came, but once her classes started again, Jiao wasn't able to see him as much as she did before. Since she had missed out on a lot of her classes, she needed to work hard in order to catch up and be on track.

It was one of those days that Jiao was in class, catching up on the lesson and making some notes she would review later, when Shancai approached her, "Hey Jiao how are you feeling? I heard you were in the hospital, are you okay?" she asked as she sat next to her on the empty seat beside her.

"I'm fine, you don't need to worry." Jiao assured her.

"You should've stayed home and rested, I would've lent you my notes." Shancai offered.

"That's nice of you, but I felt icky being all closed up at home." Jiao confessed and Shancai nodded. The two made some more small talk and engaged in a small conversation before Jiao went back to making her notes. When Jiao was done with her note, she decided to take a walk around the rooftop since she still had half of her lunch period left and she hadn't went to the rooftop in a long time.

When Jiao arrived, she wasn't surprised to see Kun there since like her, he was always there too. When Kun saw the brunette, he invited her to join him and the two sat on one of the wooden boxes before beginning to engage in a conversation.

"How's Si doing?" Jiao asked since it had been a day or two since she last saw him.

"He was discharged yesterday, but he's at home taking a sick day today." Kun answered, "He's not fully recovered yet, you know."

"Right." Jiao muttered and she stared ahead at the view in front of her.

The two sat in silence for a moment and Jiao actually enjoyed it because she didn't exactly have the energy to engage in a conversation or talk. But after a few minutes, when Kun noticed the wound on Jiao's neck not properly covered with a bandage, he turned to her with a confused look.

"Why isn't there a bandage on your wound? You know you can get an infection." he asked.

Jiao shrugged her shoulders, "Oh, I don't know, I feel weird putting on a bandage. Plus when I move it hurts." she explained.

"Then I'll put it on," he responded.

"Kun-"

"Jiao please." Kun pleaded and with a sigh, Jiao agreed since it was clear that Kun only cared about her because if he hadn't then there wasn't any other reason why he would urge her to cover her wound.

Kun took out a bandage that just so happened to be inside his jacket pocket and he began to slowly put it on Jiao's wound. Now feeling a little awkward by the silence, Jiao decided to speak up which was weird since moments earlier Jiao was in no mood to talk, "I'm glad Si's discharged, at least now he can relax at home and eat whatever he wants."

Kun nodded and when he was finally done putting the bandage on Jiaos wound he turned to her with a smile, but Jiao could sense the tad sadness behind it,