31 : A Taco & Some Tears

Start from the beginning

A small curse word emitted through the phone from someone in the back ground. I turned around to plop on the bed. I immediately regretted the decision when I got yet another wedgie. Leaning to the side, I pulled it out with my free hand and sighed in relief. 

The things I do when I'm alone.

"She ate the taco?" Someone in the back ground asked. The familiar voice was low and sexy. It only took me a few moments to figure out who it was.

I shifted my eyes over to the door. "Who am I speaking to?"

The people that were behind the door were now quiet. Perhaps too quiet. 

"The name is Devine. Josh ... Devine."

I smirked and stood on my two feet to head by the door. "Devine, what's your current location?"

"What is she asking you? Can I talk to her? Never mind. Tell her I said hi," I heard Harry say. 

"We are not permitted to disclose our location madam. Mr. Styles says hi."

In a matter of seconds, many voices erupted in the background. I assumed the others ditched me to join up with Harry and Josh. Which I don't mind, because I can now leave this room. Question is, where did they all run off to? And why?

Grabbing the door knob, I twisted it and opened the door. Just like I predicted, the area was cleared. 

I put my serious acting face on and poked my head outside the door way. I opened my mouth to say the only cool thing I thought of. Well, more like a quote. "I don't know where you are. I don't know what you want. If you were once looking for a taco, I can tell you I don't have it any longer. But what I do have is a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career-"

"Be quiet. She's saying something epic!" Josh shouted, trying to quiet the others.

The moment the voices quieted, I continued. "Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you tell me where you are now, I won't hurt any of you. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will ... not do anything."

I scrunched up my face at the last words I spoke. It was the first thing I could think of and saying I will kill them is a little brutal, isn't it?

They all remained quiet over the phone. Stepping out of the room, I looked both ways and headed back over to the pool area. It was all clear. 

"Good luck!" They shouted in unison. At least they knew what movie I got it from. I smiled, feeling like I accomplished something great.

Hanging up the phone and wandered back out to where I placed the clothes I was wearing earlier. I slipped them back on and stared out into the distance. The temperature dropped from earlier and the sun was beginning to set. It rested on the horizon, casting a beautiful orange glow in the sky and water. I leaned against the rails and stared up at the clear blue sky. It was a calming sight. 

Being around every one didn't give me anytime to think. I knew the moment I found time for myself,  my mind would be on over-drive. There was too much to think about and many emotions ran through my body. My life was simple before the boys, but now that they've become a big part of my life, it's much different than it was weeks ago. I'm happy, happeir than I've been in awhile. Every day meant something new. A new adventure awaited when I wake up every morning. 

Sure, becoming their friend had some down sides to it - the hate, but I'm well passed that. Then there's Harry. 

A funny feeling washed over me the second I thought of him. The first kiss we shared found it's way back into my mind, putting a small smile on my face.