25 : We Need To Talk

I'll Be - Edwin McCain 

Sorry it's short...

E N J O Y !

Chapter 25 : We Need To Talk

Why?

That was the only question running through my mind as the two before me engaged in what seemed like a serious conversation.

Why did my mom get along so well with my friends?

Or,

Why is she even here right now? The woman had to realize the One Direction world was slowly crumbling before my feet, but of course in no time, it'll be back up again. Whenever Harry and I sort things out will be the day everything goes back to normal. Hopefully.

I mean, the whole Dominic thing was all over the news. Unless she lives under a rock, my old lady must have heard.

Wait.

That's exactly why she's here! My mother only wants to know of the latest drama in the One Direction world. Well, I'm keeping my mouth shut!

My mother and Summer chatted quietly on the sofa across from me. Their lips moved, but I completely blocked their voices out. They smiled and laughed, going on with their conversation as if I wasn't there. For once in my life, I felt like a third wheel. It was terrifying, I was on the brink of throwing up. Friends shouldn't be allowed to do that, that thing she's doing with my mom right now: talking. 

Looking away from them, I stared at the door in hopes of the boys strolling in any second. But as the clock ticked, that hope slowly slipped away. Next time, I'll think twice about allowing those five boys to cook in a kitchen. The moment they heard my mom was coming for dinner, they begged and pestered me about allowing them to cook. Well not all of them. Harry, apparently, is some kind of chef. 

It can't possibly take this long to cook a couple of veggie burgers! Room service sounded better than them risking the chance of getting in even more trouble. What's with everyone today? First Summer, now the five of them? Last thing we all want is for Paul to walk in here to find the boys gone. Then we'd all die a horrible, painful death.

I coughed quietly. Instantly, the two before me snapped their heads in my direction, shutting their mouths closed.

I looked at them with a bored expression. "Forgot I was here?"

My mother and Summer exchanged glances, holding in any laughter that threatened to fall out.

"Of course n-not, honey! So what's been going on? Any news?" My mom wondered, smiling in my direction.

I yawned, lightly patting my lips for more effect. "Nope, not really." It came out more as a question.

Her eyes narrowed. "Spill, before I ground you," she threatened in a warning tone.

I groaned loudly, resting my head on the couch cushion. "Harry totally hates me!"

"Non-sense, honey. Just because you invited a jerk to the ball, doesn't mean Harry hates you. Ella, you haven't even spoken to the boy yet."

Lifting my head up, I raised an eyebrow, confused as to how my mother would know all that. Summer sent me an innocent smile and instantly, everything clicked.