2 : Trapped

Jennifer Lawrence as Ella! 

Enjoy!

x

Chapter 2 : Trapped

What was supposed to be a regular shopping day, turned into a horror movie. 

My heart raced. My palms began to moisten as I paced. The screams only continued, making me rub my temples in annoyance. 

They had to stop at some point, right? The vocal cords can only handle so much. For the boy's sake, I hope so. I knew if anyone were to open the door the boys would be eaten alive.

I took a deep breath and finally took a glance at my surroundings. The store was filled with stands filled with jewelry and accessories. Each corner held mirrors with walls that were painted a shade of purple. A counter in the shape of a semi-circle was laid in the back for check out and on the other side of it stood a man that looked as stressed as I did. 

"Boys and girl, please, please gather around. We must talk," the manager of the store said. He motioned for all of us to come closer.

I prayed he had an escape plan.

I followed the boys until we were all leaning against the counter. I took a glance at each of them for the second time since it became known to me who I was stuck in here with. Harry, Louis, Liam, and Niall stared expectantly at the man. I locked eyes with Zayn directly across from where I stood for a split second before I choked on the saliva I attempted to swallow.

"Are you alright?" Zayn wondered with a raised brow. My cheeks began to warm in embarrassment with all the attention drawn to me for something as stupid as my saliva going down the wrong pipe. I tried to wave it off until another wave of coughs hit me.

"I think she's choking on her own spit," Niall speculated. The boys began to cackle.

The coughs finally began to tamper off but their laughter didn't. I felt a frown settle in as I gazed at each of them. 

How did I get so lucky to be in such company?

My eyes were drawn to Liam who slapped Niall in the back of the head. "Now you've done it, look, she's embarrassed!" 

I snickered at the sight of Niall rubbing at the spot. He muttered something incoherent under his breath but not before shooting me an apologetic look.

"I'm sorry for their rude behavior," Harry offered. My eyes befell his beautiful green ones following the words that slowly tumbled from his lips. They curled into a smile and I then noticed the dimple that set into his cheek. For the first time, my mind was rid of all thoughts while I gaped at the curly-haired boy. 

I tore my eyes away and cleared my throat. I small laugh left me as I formed a quick response to his earlier words and shrugged, "it might've been a little funny." 

My gaze returned to that of the store manager. His eyebrows furrowed at what I'd imagine to be the scene that played out before him. He shook his head and sighed dramatically. All eyes were once again drawn to him. 

"Right, well, it's not like I'm not happy to see a famous group of boys in my store. But the customers are out there," he motioned towards the glass doors with the screaming fans on the other side, "which means, I'm not selling anything right now." The manager said in annoyance. His gaze shifted to the fans behind us. 

Silence fell. 

I stared in bewilderment. "That's it, no escape plan?"

"Believe me, girl, if I had one, I would've shared it by now."