32 : In a Blink of an Eye

Beautiful gif of Niall Horan, ladies and gentlefish. Yus. 

Be Alright - Justin Bieber 

Dedicated to sheepsongnothing , thanks for the lovely comment :) x

HIT THAT VOTE BUTTON.

Chapter 32 :  In a Blink of an Eye

Darkness surrounded me. I sat motionless until the soft sound of music filled my ears and before I knew it, I was in a ball room, swaying to the rhythm. A smile was plastered on my face. Fake or not, I did not know. I glanced around at all the people that attended this soirée and slowly pointed out familiar faces on the dance floor.

Summer and Niall danced together, just mere inches apart from each other. They looked... happy, but why wouldn't they? The two were a lovely couple. Niall held her close, guiding her in the elegant dance. He wore a fitting tux while Summer wore a beautiful lavender dress that stopped at her feet. I couldn't help but smile at the sight of them. They stared into each other's eyes intently as they indulged in small talk. The Irish boy threw his head back in laughter and I swore the sound of his laughter reached me.

"Cute, aren't they?"

A figure appeared beside me. Not taking my eyes away from my best friend, I opened my mouth to reply. "Yeah. When you really pay attention, you can see how cute of a couple they really are." I smiled when a grin appeared on her face as she ruffled the blond boy's hair. Summer escaped from his grasp and turned away, but he grabbed her gently and pulled her into a kiss. She then melted in his arms.

"Care to dance with me?"

I finally turned my head to look at the boy. His familiar green eyes bore into mine and instantly, my heart melted. Harry stared back at me with his million dollar smile and reached a hand out towards me. I hesitated a moment, but smiled once my hand came into contact with his. He smirked back, gently pulling me to the dance floor. Once we were in position, Harry led the way into the dance. I had no idea what I was doing and didn't dare question it.

"You look absolutely beautiful tonight, Ella," Harry said. He held onto me tightly, yet gently, as if he didn't ever want to let go.

I chuckled, feeling my face grow hot. Any girl would care to just get a glance from Harry Styles. Here I was, dancing with him. "Thank you. You look great yourself." Everyday this curly haired boy surprised me. I didn't think he could get any more attractive, but I was wrong. He looks great in a tux.

We didn't say anything more. Instead, we danced together endlessly. His eyes and facial expression said everything. Once I finally looked away from him, I noticed the others circled around Harry and I. Summer and Niall, Zayn and Perrie, Danielle and Liam, Louis and Eleanor, danced along side us. We all glanced at each other and exchanged knowing smiles. Everything was perfect.

I threw my head back and stared up at the big, breath-taking chandelier that lit up the room. Moments later, the music silenced and a fart filled my ears.

I looked at Harry who wrinkled his brow in confusion as he looked back at me.

"It wasn't me," I whispered, trying to stifle any laughter.

The fart continued on. There was only one person I knew who would fart anywhere, even in public places. I searched for the blond and once my eyes fell upon him, I squinted my eyes at him.

I blinked furiously as the scene before me faded out into darkness once again. Oddly enough, I stared up at a ceiling that was only illuminated by the TV that was on. I was laying on my back on a carpeted floor, reason my neck pained with stiffness. That moment was when everything clicked. It was all a dream, a pleasant one at that. Well, aside from the fart that ruined it. Of course it would have been Niall.