39 : Cleavage [h.s]

Make it to Me - Sam Smith

Enjoy x

Chapter 39 : Cleavage

-Harry-

"What is this?" Louis made his way over to the bar I was sitting at and slammed a piece of paper into my field of vision. It took everything in me to not grab the paper, crumble it into a ball and toss it across the restaurant, but the curious part of me wanted to know what he was getting on about.

For twenty minutes I've been twirling my straw around in a cup of water. For twenty minutes I've been scattering ice around in a glass cup with a straw while waiting for Lou. There wouldn't be a problem if I had gotten a heads up or if he hadn't pestered me about arriving here on time. I should know better, though. This is Louis Tomlinson we're talking about - the lad that is hardly on time.

I let out a long sigh before releasing the straw and turning to Louis to give him a bored expression. He pursed his lips before handing me the piece of paper and for the first time, I took a look at it. It was an article and on the the first page was a picture that took up just about half of the page. Looking at it brought a smile to my face. It was of me carrying Ella the other day.

"D'you see what's wrong with this picture?" Louis asked. He motioned towards the article. His eyes remained trained on me as he took the empty seat beside me. I stared at the photo and scanned it fully. I stared longingly at the both of us in the picture. Ella stared up at me with a look of surprise on her face and I down at her. The fans in the back had their mouths open, screaming and for a split second I was re-living that moment all over again. I regained my focus on the topic at hand and ultimately failed to find anything worth mentioning to Louis that seemed out of place. But taking one look at myself in the picture again, it hit me.

I slammed the paper back down onto the wooden bar. I grinned at my best mate and pointed to the Harry in the picture. "Not enough cleavage!"

Louis frowned. "Are you joking? This is a very serious matter."

I quickly nodded my head in agreement, earning an eye roll from him. "Of course it is. Have you taken a good look at this picture? I wasn't showing enough boob that day. Are you joking?" I placed the paper in front of me and turned it to where the photo was facing him. I pointed directly at the Harry in the picture and slowly, I brought it closer to Louis. He remained silent as I edged closer. Annoyance was written all over his face. Before I could protest, he crumpled up piece of paper and tossed it behind him. Fortunately for us, it didn't wack anyone in the head or poke an eye out. I was the one to retrieve it and frankly I wondered why. Louis was the one to toss it.

I returned to my seat and straightened the paper to the best of my ability and rested it back onto the bar table. Louis watched my every move and from the looks of it was not amused, not even in the slightest. I pointed to the Harry in the picture and whispered, "needs more boob."

"You're an idiot, Haz," he breathed out. For once a small smile spread to his lips, but it was quick to disappear as it was to appear. That's when I knew he was serious and there was something bothering him. Was me not showing the usual amount of cleavage as disturbing for him as it was for me?

Louis was mostly all jokes and playful, but there is a serious side to him and this was it. "Answer this question, why did you pick Ella up or why did you run back from the limo after her?"

My face crumpled up in confusion at his question. "What d'you mean? She was in trouble, that's why."

"Alright, so can you say you care about her?"