Chapter 1- Angelica Grace

I've been on the run for a little while now...couldn't seem to find a place to sleep without feeling paranoid. I never knew if I would wake up the next morning with a gun to my head. I went off the radar for six years, been moving ever since.

I cant stay in one place for more than a night, constanly changing states and names. I have dyed my hair more times than I could count, to change my appearence. Unfortunately the dye has faded away and im left with my natural golden brown color.

Im walking down the street, the lights flickered. People passed me, all were oblivious that I was scanning them. Every person that walked by me I checked their wrists. Not once did I see the tattoo. I haven't seen it in two years, but still I was terrified of every person I came in contact with.

I always feel like hes watching me, waiting. I looked down at my black jeans. The rips in them exposing my skin. Just then I felt water trickle down on my bare shoulders. It was raining. I was wearing a white tank top, I mentally thanked myself for wearing a bra today.

The rain started crashing against the pavement, I was soaked. I started to shiver, but honestly it was kinda nice. I didn't get the chance to shower often so I appreciated the rain. *BOOM* I gasped as my chin started quivering. Lightening...its just lightening.
I started noticing that theres been the same guy behind me for fifteen minutes. I turned back nonchalantly to check his wrists. Unfortunately his hands were burried into the pockets of his sweatshirt. I started walking faster, but so did he.

I started walking so fast it was practically a run. Did he find me? How? I've been so careful. Was I going to die tonight? Damn, after six years of running all just to die. I turned back to see he was a little far away, but he was reaching in his pocket. I panicked and took out my knife. I turned the corner into the alley way just to bump into someone, hard.

"I'm sorry, are you okay?" He questioned.

I hit my head really hard on something. I have no idea what. I dropped my knife and held my head, my eyes squeezed shut. The man noticed the knife and got quiet. Suddenly I remembered why I was running.

My eyes got wide. "Shit!" I grabbed my knife. "Let me see your wrists."

"W- what?"

"Your wrists let me see them."

He held them out, I lifed his sleeves. Hes clean, no tattoos. The man saw the relief in my face.

"Are you in trouble?"

"Is that your car?" I asked pointing to a black truck.

He nodded.

"Can I get a ride?"

Before he even had the chance to answer the man that followed you before came around the corner and started shooting.

"SON OF A BITCH!" He shouted in shock. He reached in his pants and grabbed a gun. He held it with more authority as the other guy was just aimlessly shooting.

"YOU HAVE A GUN?" I questioned as he got in the passagers seat.

He tossed me the keys. "DRIVE!"
I did a complete turn, surley leaving marks on the cement. I drove out of the alley as fast as I could while he was shooting. The man in the passagers seat was shooting at him through the window.

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain on my shoulder causing me to almost lose control of the wheel. "Fuck!" I cried.
I looked down to see that the bullet had grazed me, it wasnt too bad. I've had worse. I eventually got us far enough away to where we wouldnt have to worry anymore.

"I'm gonna stop, we need gas."
He just looked at me and nooded. I think hes in shock. I mean anyone would be.

"I um, I don't have money."

"Oh sorry. I'll take care of it. You're freezing from the rain anyway. Just get in the passagers seat. My house is two hours from here so I will just drive us to my cabin."

"okay thank you." I said as he got out the car. I did what he said and moved to the paggengers seat. I whinced at the pain it caused my shoulder. I waited for what seemed like forever for him to get back in the car.

When he did I examined his features. I didn't really get a chance to before. He had really defined cheekbones, and jawline. His lips were perfectly pink and plumped and he had dark circles under his dark hazel eyes. His hair was kind of long and wavy, it was a pretty light brown color, and his arms had very visable veins. They were even more visable when he was driving.
"So...why do you have a gun?" I questioned.

"I'm with the FBI, why do you have a knife?"

I looked down at it, forgetting I was holding it.

"I um, need it."

"Let me start over. Im a criminal proflier that works for the BAU. You've been paranoid since the moment I laid eyes on you and you have been holding onto that knife like your life depended on it. What are you so scared of?"

I sat there for a moment. Debating on what I could say. He would know if I'm lying any profiler would. Maybe I should just say a little bit of the truth.

"Someones trying to kill me." I stated in almost a whisper.

"Why?"

I sighed refusing to answer.

"Look me and my team can help you, whats your name?"

"No you can't. You can't contact the authorities."

He looked over at me, confused but it seemed like he sympathized.

"Fine, can I atleast have your name?"

"Angelica, Angelica Grace. What about you?"

"Spencer Reid. We're here."

He pulled up to a cabin, I didn't expect it to be this big. It was really nice. We got out and ran through the rain. I stood there shivering until he got the door unlocked and we walked in.

"I'll go get you some dry clothes."

"Uh actually, can I please shower first?" I asked.

"Oh of course its down the hall to the right. The towels are on the top shelf. I'll make us some food."

I nodded and went to go shower. I felt the hot water hit my skin. Nothing has felt so good in so long. When I got out I looked at my phone and realized I was in for about a hour. It felt like ten minutes...

I then realized I had no clothes so I dried myself off and wrapped the towel around me. I looked in the mirror. I almost forgot what I looked like. My eyelashes still curled and my eyes were still a carmel brown. The freckles on my nose and cheeks were still there. I'm still...me.

I walked out of the bathroom and Spencer was putting chinese food on the living room table.

"I thought you were cooking?"

"I was going to but I'm not much of a...." His voice trailed off when he looked at me. He then got flustured and finished his sentence. "Cook, I would burn grilled cheese."

I smiled at him as I grabbed the clothes he laid out for me. I went to the bathroom and changed. I put on his boxers and a large T-shirt. I went back to the living room just to hear him speaking on the phone. I stood behind him, silent.

"I know but Garcia can you please do a quick background check onna Angelica Grace?"

I could hear the other end too. A female voice spoke. "I'm not getting any Angelica's that match that decription. Besides one but she died six years ago."
Spencer went silent.

"I thought we said no authorites?" I questioned him.