44.

I walked into the restaurant, ready for the long overdue lunch date with my girls. I spotted Ashanti first, making my way over to the booth. "Hey, bitches!" I greeted her and Cleo, catching they're attention. "Oh, look, it's miss always under her man." Ashanti teased, giving me a hug.

"Girl, bye. Don't nobody say nothing when you all under Hakim's ass." Cleo laughed. "Thank you, Cleo. And Quan is not my man. We're just... I don't know." I sighed heavily. "Oh, no. I know that tone of voice? What the fuck did he do?" Ashanti got protective quick. She wasn't for anyone playing her best friend for a fool.

I rolled my eyes not wanting to talk about the situation at hand, taking a seat beside her. "We missing somebody?" I looked at the empty seat beside Cleo. Cleo shook her head, "You know Mo ass is never on time." She said. "Never!" Ashanti agreed. "Oop! Here she comes now." I signaled, looking at Mo who had just walked into the restaurant. Her eyes scanned the room for us.

Cleo held her hand up, waving to her. Moments later she came over to the booth. "Hey y'all! Sorry to be so late." Mo took a seat beside Cleo. Ashanti and I, actually met her through Cleo about a year ago. Still do this day; I cannot pinpoint one of her good character traits. Her shady jabs and her thinking she's better than the rest of us at times often caused Monique and I to butt head.

"Why apologize if it's gonna happen again?" Cleo laughed. Mo kept a straight face, not finding Cleo's statement funny. "Anywho, what have you bitches been up to?" Ashanti started up a conversation while we waited for our food and drinks.

"I'm in the process of getting my own little apartment." Cleo shared. "Oh wow! That's a big step for you Cle. I'm excited for you." I expressed my excitement for her news, knowing first-hand about Cleo's private life. "I mean, nothing is finalized yet, but thanks boo." She blew me a kiss across the table. "Yeah, Cleo that's bomb!" Ashanti added

"I met someone." Mo stated, directing the attention to herself, causing me to scoff. "What, Monique meeting someone? How am I not surprised." Cleo joked, causing Ashanti and I to smirk at her sarcasm. "Whatever bitch." Mo waved Cleo off, "This guy is the real deal." She said with emphasis on the word real. "Who is he?" Ashanti questioned.

"Oh, we're not exclusive yet, but we'll be all over the blogs soon." She grinned. "You'll always be an attention seeking whore." Cleo shook her head in disappointment. "Thank you." Mo smiled as if it were a complement. Sadly, it was true. Monique did whatever to try to make herself relevant.

At one point, some of the guys on social media labeled her as a "groupie", but that didn't stop her from chasing the next dude with a bag. She claimed that being known will get her to where she needs to be. However, news flash Mo, fucking on famous men isn't the way to go.

"Well, at least tell us if he's cute?" Ashanti looked over at Monique. "He's very attractive, and he has a big dick." She admitted without shame or a care in the world. "Looks like a win-win for you." Cleo clapped. "You know me." She cheesed, "Why so quiet, Des?" Mo asked, looking across the table at me.

For some reason, majority of Monique's shady jabs were always directed to me. Whenever we would go out and a guy would talk to me instead of her, she would always say how girls be so thirsty for niggas. But in all reality, she was the only one thirsty for attention.

I'm actually surprised she not burning yet, or pregnant. "You know me, hardly any news to share." I gave her a closed mouth smile. "That's nothing new." She shrugged. See, another shady ass jab. I ignored her comment as she wasn't worth it. I know for a fact I can wipe the floor with Monique's ass, literally.